Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dilemma Regarding Best Time to Renovate

Nir

REIN Member
Hi All,

I have a tenant in a 4-plex in Orillia who is moving out in about 2 months.

The corridor (hallway, stairs, floor, walls) leading to his unit and another unit is old and should be renovated.

Should I renovate the corridor/hallway NOW BEFORE he leaves so I can start showing the place with the newly renovated corridor
OR
should I wait with the renovation until after he moves out in order to prevent damage to the new entrance by an angry tenant who is going to move out but then I will not be able to show the renovated place to potential tenants prior to his move-out!?

In other words what is more important? renovating now so I can show a much better looking entrance to potential tenants but risk damage by an angry tenant during his move-out OR renovate later, less damage risk but perhaps smaller chances to find a good tenant before angry tenant leaves?

THANKS.

tahani

REIN Member
I would do the reno before(first look matters) but then again depends on how angry the tenant is ???

Emil1753

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
Do the reno now.

No use in wasting valuable rentable time while the unit sits vacant.

Be civil about it and the tenant should understand.

good luck.

Emil.

invst4profit

Registered
Definitely do it now.
Better in my opinion to have a upset tenant that is leaving than losing rental income or having a upset new tenant if you wait and reno after they move in..

Top Bottom