Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does anyone have any creative ways I can sell these books!?

Millions

Registered
Has anyone every heard of the book "The Four Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss?
If not, it`s a NY times bestseller and an international phenomenon. It`s one of the best books I have read on any of the topics: Entrepreneurship, online business, lifestyle design, travel, and outsourcing.

As part of a promotion some time ago, I bought 100 copies and was selling them at a fraction of Chapter`s price and donating all profits to Room To Read! An organization that helps bring education to children across the world.

I now have 45 copies left but have hit a little roadblock and have exhausted most of my network. I am currently selling for $20 each (they retail for over $28 at chapters) and donating $5 from each book (I paid $17 per copy) to Room to Read.

Does anyone have any more ideas for selling the remaining 45 copies? any events you know of? Xmas fundraisers?

Even if you know of a group trying to raise funds for their charity, I could donate to them instead for the remaining 45 copies?

Please let me know any ideas!:)

mattbailey84 (at) hotmail.com

Berubeland

Registered
[quote name=`Millions` date=`Nov 27 2010, 12:31 PM` post=`98597`]Has anyone every heard of the book "The Four Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss?

If not, it`s a NY times bestseller and an international phenomenon. It`s one of the best books I have read on any of the topics: Entrepreneurship, online business, lifestyle design, travel, and outsourcing.

As part of a promotion some time ago, I bought 100 copies and was selling them at a fraction of Chapter`s price and donating all profits to Room To Read! An organization that helps bring education to children across the world.

I now have 45 copies left but have hit a little roadblock and have exhausted most of my network. I am currently selling for $20 each (they retail for over $28 at chapters) and donating $5 from each book (I paid $17 per copy) to Room to Read.

Does anyone have any more ideas for selling the remaining 45 copies? any events you know of? Xmas fundraisers?

Even if you know of a group trying to raise funds for their charity, I could donate to them instead for the remaining 45 copies?

Hi,

I run the carnival of real estate, an edition which comes out Dec 1st, I will publish your plight there and we`ll see if we can get your stock sold out ok?

wealthyboomer

Registered
QUOTE (Millions @ Nov 27 2010, 11:31 AM) Has anyone every heard of the book "The Four Hour Work Week" by Tim Ferriss?

-Get the word out using Social Media such as Twitter, Facebook, blogs, Craigslist, Kijiji, etc.
-Hook up with a school for them to sell, either through door-to-door sale/fundraiser, or bake-sale type bazaars.
-Hook up with local youth sports groups like hockey, etc. They are always looking for things to sell to make $$. $ donation for the sport and the supporter gets a book.
-Sell on consignment at a local store. Could be a great book at the cash register.

-

Millions

Registered

Hi,

I run the carnival of real estate, an edition which comes out Dec 1st, I will publish your plight there and we`ll see if we can get your stock sold out ok?

wow sounds great! Did you need any more info from me? I know dec 1 is quickly approaching so my number is 403-681-7825

Top Bottom