Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Does home staging really work?

cboakye

New Forum Member
Registered
When selling a property, you simply want to do everything in your power to get the highest value/return. Depending on the property type, I believe staging is recommended. That being said, if your selling a distressed property or property for land value only, there is no use in staging.

If I'm selling a completed a full renovation(flip), its much better to do staging and paint a picture of a turn-key property to accentuate the renovation.

Chrisgeorge2365

New Forum Member
Registered
Thanks for your valuable response. I'm thinking about Home staging for my property in my native place. How much does home staging cost?

cboakye

New Forum Member
Registered
Not sure where you are located but in Ontario it can range from $1,500-$5,000 depending on the size of the unit. Keep in mind, some agents have good relationships with home stagers and use it as a value add to their clients.

Good luck!

Chrisgeorge2365

New Forum Member
Registered
Thank you for your valuable response "cboakye". I will definitely keep your valuable advice while doing this.

Devin Roberts

Devin Roberts - Brent Roberts Realty
REIN Member
Does home staging really work and how do I know if I need home staging?

I would say it 100% depends on the market. If you are in a market where you can get multiple offers and can sell within a few days, I would not say it is worth it. For example, locally in Vancouver in 2016 I saw some people bottlenecking their listings while waiting for staging to occur. Meanwhile, some people were writing offers without even viewing.

However, if it does improve the impression of the house I would recommend it. It is usually not worth it to go with the cheapest company.

Respectfully,

Devin Roberts — Brent Roberts Realty
Vancouver REIN Member
Cell: 604-354-7160
Email: [email protected]

Chrisgeorge2365

New Forum Member
Registered
I would say it 100% depends on the market. If you are in a market where you can get multiple offers and can sell within a few days, I would not say it is worth it. For example, locally in Vancouver in 2016 I saw some people bottlenecking their listings while waiting for staging to occur. Meanwhile, some people were writing offers without even viewing.

However, if it does improve the impression of the house I would recommend it. It is usually not worth it to go with the cheapest company.

Respectfully,

Devin Roberts — Brent Roberts Realty
Vancouver REIN Member
Cell: 604-354-7160
Email: [email protected]

Thank you "Devin Roberts" for your valuable suggestion. I will definitely consider your crucial suggestions.

Top Bottom