Don`s Track Record

ChrisDavies

Registered
Feb 18, 2008
Edmonton
QUOTE (francisheng @ Apr 9 2008, 02:25 PM) Just out of curiousity, what is Don`s track record in real estate?

Very successful. He owns several hundred properties.

Why?

francisheng

Registered
Feb 18, 2008
Burnaby
www.xtremementoring.com
Just that a friend who is new to REIN asked me. I am just introducing REIN to him so he has this as his first question for Don`s track record in numbers and since I do not know or have the answer, I posted this question.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Apr 9 2008, 03:26 PM) Very successful. He owns several hundred properties.

Why?

seanverret

Registered
Sep 14, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I think the over $2 billion in properties that REIN members have acquired since REIN`s inception (and I assume Don`s been here since the beginning) speaks for itself...

QUOTE (seanverret @ Apr 9 2008, 05:20 PM)
I think the over $2 billion in properties that REIN members have acquired since REIN's inception (and I assume Don's been here since the beginning) speaks for itself...

Don is mainly an EDUCATOR / MENTOR .. he does not publicly disclose his holdings .. why would he .. I know he owns several buildings by himself .. and a few more in JVs .. so yeah .. a few hundred units likely in a few buildings ..

he DOES what he TEACHES .. buy and hold mainly .. as this is the "passive" part of his portfolio .. as REIN membership income is active and pretty work-intensive and travel - intensive and brain intensive REAL WORK !!

So, as a rule of thumb: you need both ONGOING income to live on .. and most real estate initially does NOT provide this .. until you sell an asset for several $10,000 or several $100,000 in gains .. until you reach that point (usually takes a few years) active income is required .. usually called a job ...

so read this here .. http://myreinspace.com/public_forums1/General_Discussion/61-3347-5_ways_to_make_money.html

and Don certainly fires on all 5 cylinders pretty good !!!

francisheng

Registered
Feb 18, 2008
Burnaby
www.xtremementoring.com
Thank you all for your excellent replies and I really appreciate it.

In order to make sure that this post does not become a defensive post for Don for those thinking that I or my friend is doubting Don, I better clear it up and repeat that its just a question that my friend asked for his track record out of his curiosity.

But I like how the post is attracting you all to add in your comments and ideas and expand on Rein`s teachings. So thank you for all the contributions. And keep the ideas flowing!

QUOTE (francisheng @ Apr 9 2008, 07:50 PM)
Thank you all for your excellent replies and I really appreciate it.

In order to make sure that this post does not become a defensive post for Don for those thinking that I or my friend is doubting Don, I better clear it up and repeat that its just a question that my friend asked for his track record out of his curiosity.

But I like how the post is attracting you all to add in your comments and ideas and expand on Rein's teachings. So thank you for all the contributions. And keep the ideas flowing!

Trust .. and Verify !!

Nothing wrong with that !

cryzanowski

Registered
Apr 2, 2008
How do any of you know what his track record is? If he owns that many properties where is the proof? If he is that successful then why not prove it? I think a question like the guy`s friend has is perfectly valid.

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Sep 17, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
If you met Don you would find a man that walks his talk. There are plenty of people in REIN that are just as successful as Don and none of them prove to any of us that they have what they say they have.

It`s easy to beleive that Don has success in real estate if you listen to him speak. One doesn`t have that kind of knowledge unless they have tried and tested it.

If you listen to him and follow the system you will make fewer mistakes and have greater success than if you decide that "your idea" is better.

It`s too bad there have been so many "get rich quick" schemes out there to make the general public so untrusting. Just when you get something good, it takes so much effort to make others beleive it really works. I`m just glad so many of my own family members have become involved in REIN. It`s so much fun in our family because of it.
We cheer each other on, help each other out, and keep buying property after property after property. There`s always someone doing a deal.

The couple of hundred bucks it costs per month is so so so cheap. People will buy a car they can`t afford, they will take out a student loan that will take years to pay back, they`ll drink it down, smoke it up, buy new jeans, and find a multitude of other ways to waste their money that will never change their life except to stay in the "rat race", but when something comes up that clearly may change their life, they will dig their heals in and find every excuse immaginable not to take action.

It really doesn`t matter exactly what Don himself owns.

His track record isn`t just his own portfolio, but also includes the track record of the REIN membership.

francisheng

Registered
Feb 18, 2008
Burnaby
www.xtremementoring.com
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the thoughts again on Don.

I just wanted to say this: My friend`s question about Don`s track record is not to determine how good or how bad, how real or how fake Don is but simply just an interest in the number and nothing else further.

There is nothing that Don needs to prove as the question arises out from a friend who has no knowledge of Don`s personal track record at all and it is very natural for him to ask the question.

It`s not an act of doubt, or lack of trust but one of trust building AND fact checking, just like what we do before buying a property or choosing a property manager.

So I kindly ask anyone who is reading to not add their post to "defend" Don. He does not need the defending.

The question has been answered and so let`s spend our time doing our research and making real estate deals.

Thank you.
style_emoticons

CHEERS!

cryzanowski

Registered
Apr 2, 2008
The question has not been answered.

All of you REIN members pay what, $200/month to be a member. Your are asked to sign up for a minimum term as a sign of your commitment. You likely pay extra for whatever training programs and seminars you sign up for. So, who are the fees paid to? Whoever it is, are they getting significant success from real estate or from monthly fees and seminars? Which is providing the greater cash flow? Think about it. Whatever the number of members there currently are, multiplied by the monthly fee paid, is a nice chunk of change.

It is more than reasonable for someone to be skeptical before signing up for something like this. Especially without any independent verification, none of which anyone has supplied. If you buy a car and you are making payments you pretty well know what you are getting into.

JohnS

Registered
Aug 29, 2007
Ottawa
QUOTE (cryzanowski @ Apr 10 2008, 06:14 PM) The question has not been answered.

All of you REIN members pay what, $200/month to be a member. Your are asked to sign up for a minimum term as a sign of your commitment. You likely pay extra for whatever training programs and seminars you sign up for. So, who are the fees paid to? Whoever it is, are they getting significant success from real estate or from monthly fees and seminars? Which is providing the greater cash flow? Think about it. Whatever the number of members there currently are, multiplied by the monthly fee paid, is a nice chunk of change.

It is more than reasonable for someone to be skeptical before signing up for something like this. Especially without any independent verification, none of which anyone has supplied. If you buy a car and you are making payments you pretty well know what you are getting into.

I could be wrong here, but I seem to remember Don`s saying, a few years ago, something along the lines of his having around 240, or 270 doors. (Maybe 274?) That`s more than enough for me to listen to him. However, to further add to his credibility, every year he both makes predictions for the coming year AND goes back to his previous ones and discusses both his successes and his failures. Most analysts I know of don`t go back and discuss how they were wrong. On top of that, as somebody already mentioned in his thread, you have to look at the success that other people have had using his systems. Over 1.3 billion (not million, but billion) dollars` worth of RE has been bought using his methods. That establishes a track record as well.

And you`re mistaken on another aspect, too. As members, we generally don`t pay extra for different seminars and programs. As an Ontario member, I can go to a meeting or a Quickstart in BC, if I want to, for free. Along with that, the author`s royalties from his books go to charity - Habitat for Humanity.

So yes, it is totally justified to ask for verification before signing up. However, I don`t know what further evidence you could want. Does he get a whack-load of cash from REIN members? Probably, yeah. Do all the members feel like they`re getting value for the money spent? Yep! I have absolutely no problems with both parties winning in a transaction, and I definitely feel like I`m "winning".

Have a good one!

JohnS

cryzanowski

Registered
Apr 2, 2008
JohnS

Appreciate your candid reply. Your post is the first somewhat "balanced" comment I have seen. Looking through previous posts and topics on this site everyone appears to accept this stuff without much hesitation. I personally do not care if he is getting rich off real estate, membership fees, or whatever else he may be involved in. I am concerned about possible misrepresentation before I jump in to this. There must be some people out there that have had some negative experiences with this program. You could not possibly have had a 100.00% retention rate in your membersip

JohnS

Registered
Aug 29, 2007
Ottawa
QUOTE (cryzanowski @ Apr 10 2008, 07:47 PM) JohnS

Appreciate your candid reply. Your post is the first somewhat "balanced" comment I have seen. Looking through previous posts and topics on this site everyone appears to accept this stuff without much hesitation. I personally do not care if he is getting rich off real estate, membership fees, or whatever else he may be involved in. I am concerned about possible misrepresentation before I jump in to this. There must be some people out there that have had some negative experiences with this program. You could not possibly have had a 100.00% retention rate in your membersip

You`re welcome.
Of course, some people here have accepted things without hesitation. I would hazard a guess, though, that most of us (or at least most of those of us who are on fairly regularly) had some reservations before, like you do now, but they were overcome by the research we did into REIN and/or what we have received back from it. So, it appears, mistakenly, to people that don`t know us that we never had the same reservations.

Have a good one!

JohnS

MonteDobson

Registered
Oct 7, 2007
Regina, SK
Don Campbell has written 3 best selling books and personally owns over 200+ properties and has taught folks "the REIN system" for over 15 years.

What sets Don apart from others in the industry is that he "Walks the Talk" and never, ever has pushed or tried to sell anyone a piece of real estate that I know of. Every other seminar I have been to is the typical, "here`s how to invest in real estate, by the way, I`ve got a great investment opportunity and some CD`s you can buy at the back".

Don really does not benefit nor care if anyone who attends or joins REIN ever buys a piece of real estate, his role has been to inform and educate people with a system that has been proven on over $2B of real estate purchases.

To me that is an exceptional track record that speaks for itself.

Do your due diligence...you will find out why he and the REIN group have such an exceptional and loyal following.

Regards,

vandriani

REIN Member
Oct 4, 2007
Vancouver
I have no doubt that Don is successful and you should be leary of any person/people that say you can get rich from this system or that system. It took me 8 months of research, reading, websurfing and 1 quickstart weekend before I joined. The first thing I thought of when you ask the question was I`ve seen these same questions posted on the net about another financial educator (originally from Hawaii). I do think that some of the books written by this educator were good but they lacked any sort of system. And his true net worth has been questioned.

Anyway, I do have a question for you REIN members and/or Don. In all of Don`s presentations he talks about how he started and roughly where he is now. The part that I have yet to figure out is the 12 or so years in between. Did Don use JVs to build his portfolio or did he do it on his own (with his wife of course)?

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Sep 17, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
We accept it without hesitation because we are also successful and know what REIN has done for "US". The people that stand up and defend the system are having success after success after success in real estate and they have learned it through REIN.

I`m as sceptical as the next guy when it comes to "get rich quick" scemes but that`s not what this is. REIN works and I proved it to myself by taking action and using the system. It won`t work if you don`t use it and would be a waste of money if you don`t take action.

I agree, I`m sure there are people that don`t invest in real estate after joining REIN. That doesn`t mean the system doesn`t work. It just means the person that joined isn`t an action taker. My point being, that if you take action, it works, if you don`t, it doesn`t work. Simple as that.

The thing is you could learn all this stuff by reading and researching and some trial and error, but why not just do it the easy way, join REIN, and get to work investing. I can tell you from my experience that I would NEVER be doing this without the help of REIN because I just wouldn`t know where to begin. Plus I wouldn`t trust my ability to research all of the things I would need to know. I would be afraid I was missing something and then be too afraid to take action. There is so much "stuff" you need to know before investing and REIN covers all the bases so you aren`t afraid to take action!

Here are some of the things I didn`t know. I didn`t know how easy it was to get a loan for a rental property, nor did I know the best place to go, nor did I know how to treat the people that help me along the way (or the importance of that). I didn`t know how to analyze a property. I didn`t know the best place to invest in a property. I didn`t know how to refinance. I didn`t understand how to use the equity in a property to buy the next one. I didn`t know what to present to the bank and what information to gather for them (before they ask for it). I didn`t know why I should invest in Alberta. I didn`t know what drives the market. I didn`t understand how to treat a tenant. I didn`t know how to evict. I didn`t know how to hire a bailiff. I didn`t know there was such thing as Condo Documents. I didn`t know what the word Joint Venture meant. I didn`t know how to find a JV partner. ETC... ETC... ETC.....

I have access to templates galore, on absolutely anything I need to do with investing in real estate and renting out my properties, too.

Investing in rental properties and becoming a landlord, two years ago was way over my head. If someone would have told me I would be doing this today, I would have told them they were crazy as I never would have thought I could have the ability to do this. It just seemed way too hard and only for ""smart people". I found you really don`t need to be very smart, you just have to have UMPH!

The things that I learned in REIN, just in the Quickstart Weekend two years ago, gave me the information that I needed to know. I didn`t need to join REIN, but I`m glad I did and I certainly have bought more properties than I would have if I had not joined.

It`s important that REIN charges a fee to REIN members. It`s a business that needs to run, just like any other business. It has employees, it has taxes, it has payments and overhead and inventory and whatever else a business needs money for to run. We`re all glad that REIN makes a ton of money or we are hoping it does!! All the power to them as it is a motivator to keep on teaching and changing lives.

I bet you wouldn`t find another business in the universe that has changed as many lives as REIN has. I can`t think of anything that would even come close. I am elated that I was lucky enough to find REIN in my lifetime as the change it has made to the outcome of my life is immeasureable.

Every month we hear people at the mic telling their success stories. Success story, after success story, after success story.

REIN Members beleive, because of their own success stories. "The proof is in the pudding" as my Dad would say.