Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Downloadable monthly meetings audio?

kfort

Registered
Any chance on making the monthly meetings audio (the cd's i get in the mail) available for download? On more than one occassion itunes has been unable to import / read them.

And,

Any chance on getting the titles loaded onto the tracks? Some are, most are not. having to write 5 titles down then import and manually title them takes me back to 1998.

thanks!

:)

GaryMcGowan

Registered
This has come up a number of times in the past.

I and I know many other REIN members would love to see the monthly meetings available via a download as an audio file.

DaveL

Registered
I also wish I could download all the workshop material prior to going. I use an iPad at the meeting and would love to just download PDF's. It's also great for storing all of the great info REIN provides.

kfort

Registered
I was also thinking of the tablet route. I honestly believe between that and my iphone I could probably be fully functional. Not having access to audio files would complicate that process.

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
It would probably be less expensive to produce and distribute the material. Whenever, I get the cds I convert them into MP3 anyways. Hope they are listening.

richardkp

REIN Member
It would be much quicker for us out on the East coast as well!! Mine seem to take 3-4 weeks to arrive after the meeting date. By then, the next one is taking place. Save CD creating costs, postage, time etc. Make sense to me.

I can also second the issue with titles - frustrating to type them all in.

Hope we can make this happen.

KevinMatwichuk

Registered
I agree totally! I also think the audio downloads should be available to all REIN members regardless of if they attend the meeting or not.

LAndersen

Registered
I think it is a great idea. We could also just get any other information from the monthly meetings emailed to us so we have hard copies of everything on our computers which would be better. It would also be easier, cheaper ( no trees to cut down to print everything ) and faster for all of us.

MemberSupport

Registered
This is a good discussion, and yes, the REIN` office is paying close attention to this topic.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve the service that we deliver to REIN` Members, and we realize that moving more of our content into convenient electronic formats is something that many would like to see. The benefits have already been highlighted in this thread; convenience, better indexing of content, searchable archives, quicker access (maybe even streamed access!) to meeting content, less waste and a reduced environmental impact`.the list is long and compelling.

We are already using myREINspace to post more and more downloadable content. But the bigger news is that we have begun a project to develop an online, mobile-friendly REIN` Membership that will enable REIN` Members to receive all the benefits of Membership they`ve become accustomed to, plus a whole bunch more, using all the 21st century communication channels that we are all quickly making part of our everyday routines. It won`t happen overnight, and we will need to take into consideration those who will continue to prefer their audio on CD and their text on paper. But it is happening.

I`m sure many of you have any suggestions related to the functionality you would like to see in an online REIN` Membership. If so, please send an email to Ron Smouter [email protected] . Now is the time for your input!

JoeRagona

Registered
This is great news Ron!!! Gald to see this shift happening!!! Can't wait.

Top Bottom