Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dr. Paul Stoltz and the AQ Adventure!

BradEarthWide

Registered
I must say, I didn't know what to expect of Dr. Stoltz's teachings. I knew that the leaders of REIN wouldn't bring in someone average, but I still had my reservations. At this time, I have begun my climb to improve my Adversity Quotient (AQ) via the bonus of being at the Calgary National Kickoff this past Saturday, and I am STOKED! Learning the definitions of adversity and resilience alone have allowed me to change my perception of situations. These teachings are going to have a huge positive impact on my ability to live the life I want through building a strong and supportive real estate portfolio and conquering all the related adversities that will arise from building that life.

One of my key take aways was the CORE:
Control
Ownership
Reach
Endurance

And taking steps to improve on these every day. I did a quick google search, and here is a link from Dr. Stoltz and the Peak Learning site which covers these basics: http://www.peaklearning.com/aq-you_basics.php

I would be very interested in hearing others opinions of the presentation on Saturday, the bonus learning/training, but also anyone who wants to be devils advocate to this information!

To great success!
Brad W.

jonathanb

Registered
Hey Brad!

Why don't you keep us posted on the improvements in your life from the AQ Adventure, and your real estate portfolio along the way.

I'm sure some readers here would love to journey with you.

Congrats!

Jon

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Brad,

It was great to have such an esteemed Harvard Professor share his research and strategies with the Members. I would have to say that the impact he had (in just that short 3 hour presentation) surpassed even my high expectations.

The discussion of C.O.R.E. and how it pertains to real estate investing was detailed and incredibly engaging. The honest self analysis is forces people to undertake will be quite uncomfortable for a few (especially the "campers" ).

The info and strategies he shared there are used in the Harvard MBA program (yes, the #1 rated program on the planet). So you know it is not airy-fairy empty theory that we hear so many spew out. In fact, he 'busted' a number of the often quoted studies by showing the underlying research. A REAL eyeopener.

I was blessed to spend a whole day Sunday with him, discussing the depth of his research and how REIN Members could use them as part of their own "MBA's of real estate investing."

Great to hear your summit is in front of you!

Here is a link to his book I am encouraging real estate investors to read (if they want to summit, rather than struggle at base camp):

AQ by Paul Stoltz

Top Bottom