Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Durham Real Estate Investment Monthly Meetings

qdsouza

REIN Member
Hello everyone this is truly a group success rather than any one individual success.

Each month real estate investors in the Durham region have been meeting. It started more than a year ago with three or four people. And each month the meetings have been getting better and better. Attendees are mostly REIN members and other action takers. In the last few months we have been able to draw in great keynote speakers and then have some focused networking around issues and needs that arise when real estate investing in the Durham region. By using free party rooms in restaurants we have been able to keep the cost down to buying food and drinks in the establishment. And each month the group gets larger and larger, and discussions get richer and richer.

I just wanted to commend all those real estate investors that come out to learn and share with each other each month. As Woody Allen puts it "Eighty percent of success is showing up." Everyone has been great at sharing and helping each others business grow. It is truly the commitment of the group to come out every month and give a little bit of time and learn that we can overcome different challenges in real estate investing in Durham.

Our meetings go something like this. We start with a thirty second introduction of who we are and what we invest in, then we have one or two keynote speakers, we then have a Q and A where we can share with others something that we have learned in the last month or any burning questions we have with the group. Finally we end the evening networking with the goal of meeting new people, and improving your real estate business.

Well the group has been growing quite a bit, so in the near future we are going to be moving to a larger space. In order to accommodate everyone comfortably.

So once again I want to thank and congratulate all of you who come out to the monthly meetings, it has been a positive learning experience.

Take Care,

Quentin

qdsouza

REIN Member
I guess I should also give some details of our groups webspace if you are interested in attending as well, although it wasn`t the intention of this posting.

You can visit it at http://www.meetup.com/DurhamREI/ to be informed about the next meeting.

Take Care,

Quentin

Mike200

Registered
Hi Quentin;

I am interested in hearing what you have going at your meeting. I am involved in investment real estate personally in the Durham region, and I am in the process of bringing some investors to the table to start some deals jointly. Please feel free to call 905-449-0880. My email address is [email protected]
I am not soliciting your business, just interested in networking and see what you have going.

Best regards, Mike

graymik

Registered
[quote name=`Mike200` date=`Dec 7 2009, 12:03 PM` post=`73532`]
Hi Quentin;

I am a new investor just starting out and looking at the durham region exclusively. I am wondering if I see any benefit from attending your meetings while I am in the infancy stages of my investment planning. I could use some starting out pointers and would love to get some feedback on mortgage brokers, lawyers, etc in the area.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael.

Top Bottom