Energy Grants and other grants in Ontario for multi family buildings

markl

Registered
Oct 1, 2007
Toronto
I am wondering if anybody has gone through any of the grant procedures on a multi family property in Hamilton, Ontario.

I am purchasing a property that I will be doing extensive work on and well every dollar that they contribute is a dollar I do not.

drop me an email please if you have some experience with this.

[email protected]

Regards,

Tibo

Imagine, Believe & Achieve :-)
Registered
Nov 24, 2008
Sudbury
How many units? I did a 5 plex in Sudbury and got a grant from federal and provincial. Make sure that your mailing adress is corect. They sent the check to the unit that I did renos. I talked to 3 different contractors who did the Eco energy audit. 2 did not do multiplexes so shop around. Good luck

Oct 10, 2007
Waterloo
I've got cheques back from ECO audits on replacing certain items but had contractors provide guidance.

If memory serves the person that does the eco audit had a booklet available on what upgrades trigger what refunds from the government so you should be able to get that somewhere online (ie from X insulation to Y insulation = $300 back, etc..)

markl

Registered
Oct 1, 2007
Toronto
Probably not looking at the CMHC funds as they obviously restrict rents.

I was just wondering as I had the eco energy audit done on my principal residence and I got $10k back.

I have connected with a person who has done it in Hamilton and basically has said it is the same procedure except you need to have an engineer sign off on it $2k extra expense.

I will update you as I have a call scheduled on Tuesday to see what I can get.

See you in Edmonton tomorrow