Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Foreclosure Scams

donpatrick

Registered
More than 1 million borrowers have seen their homes put in foreclosure so far this year. And with more foreclosures, "foreclosure rescue" scams are also on the rise.

How to avoid being the next victim to lose your house to "consultants" who claims they will pay your mortgage.....??

tonypeters

Registered
Great Point! That`s why I NEVER make ANY promises I am not prepared to keep! Sophisticated Real Estate investors such as REIN members set themselves apart by doing things in an "ETHICAL" way! You can also leverage off of the fact that you belong to such an "ETHICAL" and "ELITE" group.
Personally
, this was one of the BIGGEST hurdles I faced when I headed down the "Lease To Own" path almost seven years ago.

WHY?
Because a lot of investors that have travelled the path before me have "ABUSED" the "Rent To Own" and "Lease To Own" investing strategy by taking advantage of others. Some intentionally, and some because they lacked sufficient EDUCATION on how to implement the business the "RIGHT" way!

This is one
of the reasons WHY I elected to join the BBB (Better Business Bureau) almost 5 years ago, and one of the reasons WHY I elected to work out of a "stand-alone" office. I realized that if I wanted to be truly successful in this business, I needed to establish "CREDABILITY" in the market place.

MY advice to all REIN members
: Set yourselves apart from the "Real Estate Investor Masses" out there by doing things the RIGHT
way!

Hope this helps?

QUOTE (donpatrick @ Nov 10 2009, 02:03 AM) More than 1 million borrowers have seen their homes put in foreclosure so far this year. And with more foreclosures, "foreclosure rescue" scams are also on the rise.

How to avoid being the next victim to lose your house to "consultants" who claims they will pay your mortgage.....??

JimWhitelaw

Registered
You know what? I`m questioning whether this "donpatrick" is a legit forum member. Looks like some kind of spammer / scammer / imposter to me.

1) New forum member.
2) Not a REIN member.
3) Signature links to REIN website
4) Twitter sig links to a very strange twitter account:
- name is REINCANADA, using official REIN logo etc on page
- All tweets are protected
- Some of the stuff posted make no sense "How to Get the Best Deal when investing in Real Estate in Canadian States" (!!???!!)
- Most of the content looks like typical twitterbot junk
- Almost all followers / followees are non-related web marketing twitterbots
- Posts Links to http://reincanada.wordpress.com/ which doesn`t appear to be an official REIN website

What`s going on here? If this is a real REIN person, identify yourself. If not, I think REIN should investigate.

tonypeters

Registered
Thanks for raising this concern Jim!

Don, would you please respond?

QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Nov 10 2009, 11:27 AM) You know what? I`m questioning whether this "donpatrick" is a legit forum member. Looks like some kind of spammer / scammer / imposter to me.

1) New forum member.
2) Not a REIN member.
3) Signature links to REIN website
4) Twitter sig links to a very strange twitter account:
- name is REINCANADA, using official REIN logo etc on page
- All tweets are protected
- Some of the stuff posted make no sense "How to Get the Best Deal when investing in Real Estate in Canadian States" (!!???!!)
- Most of the content looks like typical twitterbot junk
- Almost all followers / followees are non-related web marketing twitterbots
- Posts Links to http://reincanada.wordpress.com/ which doesn`t appear to be an official REIN website

What`s going on here? If this is a real REIN person, identify yourself. If not, I think REIN should investigate.

Top Bottom