Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fort McMurray Rental Prices

Prosperity

Registered
I need to raise the rent for my Ft. Mac Condo. Anyone have a strong pulse on what`s happening with the rents right now?

Better yet, anyone working with someone other than a management company that does a good job for them up there? We only have one condo up there and can`t believe what we pay to simply have a cheque picked up.

I`ve learned to not simply trust the management companies opinion. They`re motivated to not have to show properties if they can avoid it so will keep the rent up to $200/mo low because it costs them more than the $20/mo they would get to have to go show it and re-rent for more.

By the way, the Calgary management company that we used (Hope Street) was a terrible experience. We ended up advertising and renting out our properties ourselves, found out the owner of the company was showing his own suites first and it cost us a lot of money to take back over managing our own properties even though we cancelled the contract due to their poor preformance.

403-241-1266

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi

Check your comparables at www.bwalk.com This may help as they are a big player.

Brianrpaul98

REIN Member
QUOTE (Prosperity @ Jan 7 2008, 08:45 AM) I need to raise the rent for my Ft. Mac Condo. Anyone have a strong pulse on what`s happening with the rents right now?

Better yet, anyone working with someone other than a management company that does a good job for them up there? We only have one condo up there and can`t believe what we pay to simply have a cheque picked up.

I`ve learned to not simply trust the management companies opinion. They`re motivated to not have to show properties if they can avoid it so will keep the rent up to $200/mo low because it costs them more than the $20/mo they would get to have to go show it and re-rent for more.

By the way, the Calgary management company that we used (Hope Street) was a terrible experience. We ended up advertising and renting out our properties ourselves, found out the owner of the company was showing his own suites first and it cost us a lot of money to take back over managing our own properties even though we cancelled the contract due to their poor preformance.

403-241-1266

Brianrpaul98

REIN Member
I have just had a bad experience with Hope Street Property Mgmt as well. I had recommended them to an out of town family member who has a property in Calgary.

2 months after taking on Hope Street, they have not rented a nice basement suite in Highwood, and the suite is not being advertised on their advertising source, Rentfaster.

I have just gotten involved and trying to get to the bottom of it, I will post the outcome shortly.

I wonder if anyone else has had a relationship with Hope Street, good or bad?

Reg,
Brian Paul

bonniemersereau

Registered
Cassanda,

We just entered Ft. McMurray market and may be able to help you out. Send me an e-mail.

Bonnie

bonniemersereau

Registered
Cassandra,

We just entered the Ft. McMurray Market and may be able to help you out. Send me an e-mail.

albainstar

Registered
your not implying you should pay them nothing to simply pick up a cheque as you put it
They are doing something and should be compensated
Fort Mc labor market is VERY tough. the mgmt company would have to pay a junior staffer at least 18 per hour to pick up that check....

That said investigate the classifieds, if it is furnished you can get ALOT more in fort mc as many renters are commuters and just want to drop thier bags and go to work. It should be priced about 1000-1200 per bedroom depending on the unit ammenities.

Grafai holdings in ft mc can do prp mgmt - 780-791-7481- martin is the man to speak with

LeighF

Registered
QUOTE (Prosperity @ Jan 7 2008, 08:45 AM) I need to raise the rent for my Ft. Mac Condo. Anyone have a strong pulse on what`s happening with the rents right now?

403-241-1266

I have lived in Fort Mac for the past 23 years. I have seen real estate go absolutely crazy. I would say you wouldn`t have any problem asking $3000/month for a condo. Maybe even more....

Top Bottom