Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FSBO websites ?

Homeseller

Registered
Can anyone recommend a real good website for us FSBO who want to sell a property. Are there some better than others? tried Kijiji, craigslist, Used Kootenays and Facebook pages. Have a home in a recreational paradise near Cranbrook BC .

Thembi

Registered
Hello,
Ifind the Koootenays/Okanagan area is big on CastanetI advertise mainly on it now and get better responses than kijiji.Craigslist is good for B.C as well.They might have a local paper which works for them too,not sure on that.
All the best.
Thembi

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
FSBO does not work, except in high demand locations in a hot market. Use a competent local realtor instead. Costs you nothing until asset is sold.

Homeseller

Registered
Thomas i already tried twice with those overpriced Realtors both times NOT a single showing at all tried the FSBO route and have had about a dozen showings so far . Most of those wanted just to rent first maybe buy later or wanted Rent to Own neither would work for me. Around my area Realtors only show homes it seems based on the huge commission ask for a discount and you get zero showings.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user="Homeseller"]overpriced Realtors [/quote]

really ?

Perhaps your price is too high ? Cranbrook is a very low demand, economically depressed region too far from any major city in SE BC, with only seasonal activities. As such low prices are to be expected. A realtor installs usually a sense of realism as they know what is sellable at what price.

Yes, I can also fix my own teeth, make my own bread or do my own taxes, but usually I hire professionals to do it (and have to pay for it). Ditto with selling a house.

If you envision rent-to-own then advertise as such, on rental websites that are frequented in your area.

Homeseller

Registered
Guess you missed reading the part where i listed with two not just one but two different realtors with their price around assessment value. AND ZERO SHOWINGS. NOT INTERESTED IN RENT TO OWN at all missed that too . Cranbrook area is Calgarys recreation playground most waterfront property is owned by Calgary.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user="Homeseller"] Guess you missed reading the part where i listed with two not just one but two different realtors [/quote]
I did not.

Well listing with two realtors is highly unusual. Or the price is too high, or the location too far away from the action. Or your expectations are too high. Or all three ?

Expect a 2-3 year sales cycle in these economically depressed remote towns, especially with oil low and a second home a non-essential buy.

Rent-to-own is an unusual strategy that needs to be advertised on rental sites or local papers read by locals. Most local papers have an associated website.

Did you try kijiji or craigslist ?

Top Bottom