Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Getting list information from the Courthouse

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
I`m starting this thread through complete ignorance of the court system.....specifically in Ontario for me, but I`m sure all ideas will be valuable.

I`ve been making some inquiries with my friend who is a private investigator and he mentioned that here in Ontario they have a really outdated computer system(green monochrome monitors sometimes!) and they do everything from a case file number. So you need to know what case number you want to inquire about. But they have court dockets posted daily at each courtroom. He also mentioned that as soon as there has been a judgement/decision, the info is sealed to the public very shortly after(next day?)
It`s all a bit of heresay at the moment.

You would think you could compile a list of all the cases appearing each week in family court(divorces), Civil Court (bankrupcies?, what else?), Criminal (guy going to jail...might want to sell his house). On the criminal side, I seem to remember reading in one of Ron`s books that they actually have notaries in jail for this exact reason.

Other suggestions Ron mentioned(now if only I could remember where I read it!) ask a clerk to point out people who always seem to be around the courthouse...couriers, paralegals,????? But the problem is still.....what to ask them to collect???????

I believe this(privacy act) is a tough nut to crack in Canada and here we have a court system where all this info is public record, albeit for a short period of time and may need to be culled by hand.

OK I got the ball rolling! Someone here must have spent a lot of time in the court system(all for honourable reasons I`m sure
) and can educate us a little.

Thanks;
John Soucie

Top Bottom