Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Good realtor in Hamilton

flyingsquirrel

Registered
I am thinking of doing a tenant in common with my friend for property in Hamilton area close to McMaster U.

Does anyone know of any good realtor in that area?

DK123

Registered
Stay away from Chris Medcalf and Mercedes property management!

MrHamilton

Registered
[quote user=Vishal]Definitely - give Erwin Szeto a try - he can be reached at: [email protected] - I'm sure he will be able to help you!

Thank you for the kind words Vishal!! I'm here to help!

Erwin

housingrental

Registered
You have received good answers to the question you have asked

The problem is you have asked the wrong question

The right answer to the right questions is:

DO NOT INVEST IN HAMILTON

Nir

REIN Member
Hi Adam, can you please elaborate. Thanks.

flyingsquirrel

Registered
Yes. I am very interested in knowing why "DO NOT INVEST IN HAMILTON". It is one of the top city in the list.

jonathanb

Registered
If im not mistaken, (and correct me if im wrong Adam) but Adam, and others think nows not a good time to invest anywhere. Inevitable interest rate increases, 30 year mortages to be the new max in a week, and overall household debt potentially lowering property values in the next little while would be the cause

jon

IsmInvestor12

Registered
So true , Run away from them..

Try Optimum Prop Mgt , Mark . He has been doing a good job taking care of my two properties in Hamilton.

housingrental

Registered
Hi Jon

I support what you have wrote !

I could add to more to it but I think you've made my point quite well :)

[quote user=jonathanb]If im not mistaken, (and correct me if im wrong Adam) but Adam, and others think nows not a good time to invest anywhere. Inevitable interest rate increases, 30 year mortages to be the new max in a week, and overall household debt potentially lowering property values in the next little while would be the cause

jon

MrHamilton

Registered
[quote user=housingrental]DO NOT INVEST IN HAMILTON

Interestingly enough the next release of the top 10 towns in Ontario no longer features KWC as #1. Could it be *gasp* Hamilton?? A dirty steel town also known as as the arm pit of Ontario?! We'll all know after this weekend's Toronto ACRES.

To those who are staying on the sidelines because of the max 30 year am's, rising interest rates, increasing household debts. Talk to someone who made money with 25 year am's (I did). Speak to a quality mortgage broker. I did, mine tells me he can get me 40 year am's all day at competitive interest rates. Increasing household debts? I do recall a recent What's Behind the Curtain containing an article about how increasing household wealth is outpacing the increase in debt.

Still too much risk? Consider something virtually risk free like a Canada's savings bond.

Hope that helps!

markl

Registered
Ahh Adam

You should come take a tour with me and we can have a look at what is happening there.

I think you will be pleasently surprised at the opportunity you will find there. I would be willing to sit down with you to help you through this if you would like.

I honestly wish I had opened my eyes sooner to the opportunity that Hamilton has afforded investors.

MrHamilton

Registered
[quote user=markl]
I honestly wish I had opened my eyes sooner to the opportunity that Hamilton has afforded investors.

Totally agree with Mark.

Everyone who attended this past weekend's ACRE in Brampton knows which town is on top and for those of you who still think "DO NOT INVEST IN HAMILTON" see what Don had to say about Hamilton: http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/2011-real-estate-preview-01-05-11-5-40-pm/jvk2ah9w

(skip to 4:30 for the Hamilton specific points) "closer to a home run in 2013"

hope that helps!

Erwin

EdRenkema

Registered
[quote user=markl]I honestly wish I had opened my eyes sooner to the opportunity that Hamilton has afforded investors.

Can't believe I'm reading this!

I so remember the day an experienced investor aka TO bad boy aka versatile investor repeated the mantra to me: I can't invest in Hamilton.

Too bad its too late to invest in Hamilton,

bwahahaha

housingrental

Registered
Hi Mark

Thanks for the offer

I might have to take you up on it but I'm bit concerned

I've been hearing from sophisticated investors it's too late to invest in Hamilton

Can you comment?

housingrental

Registered
Hi Erwin

Wouldn't any fall in real estate values materially impact wealth to debt ratio?

If it is prudent for an investor to plan for higher interest rates and operating costs in pro-forma's would it not be reasonable for that same investor to ask questions like what impact will those rising rates have on valuation? Wouldn't affordability be impacted by rising interest rates, property tax, utilities, etc..? What happens to operating profit (and market value of an investment property) over time if these outpace rent increase?

As always your thoughts on these questions are appreciated....

[quote user=ErwinFromBurlington][quote user=housingrental]DO NOT INVEST IN HAMILTON

Interestingly enough the next release of the top 10 towns in Ontario no longer features KWC as #1. Could it be *gasp* Hamilton?? A dirty steel town also known as as the arm pit of Ontario?! We'll all know after this weekend's Toronto ACRES.

To those who are staying on the sidelines because of the max 30 year am's, rising interest rates, increasing household debts. Talk to someone who made money with 25 year am's (I did). Speak to a quality mortgage broker. I did, mine tells me he can get me 40 year am's all day at competitive interest rates. Increasing household debts? I do recall a recent What's Behind the Curtain containing an article about how increasing household wealth is outpacing the increase in debt.

Still too much risk? Consider something virtually risk free like a Canada's savings bond.

Hope that helps!

MrHamilton

Registered
[quote user=housingrental]I've been hearing from sophisticated investors it's too late to invest in Hamilton

Hey Adam,

There are some major transportation improvements and job creation on the way to Hamilton, here are the headlines, details can be found on my website:

Jobs Creation:

• CANMET, the first major new tenant in McMaster Innovation Park just opened their doors in February 2011 - 110 new highly skilled jobs to the area
  • Canada Bread - 300 manufacturing jobs on the way
  • JNE Solar Panel manufacturing facility - up to 300 manufacturing jobs on the way

Major transportation improvements:

Red Hill Valley Parkway opened in 2007 (this new highway made the Canada Bread and JNE jobs possible)
    James North and Centennial Parkway Go Stations in the plans
    LRT (if it ever happens) 2015 at the earliest for the B - east/west line

Not to say everything is rosy, there is some pain being felt in the manufacturing/steel industry as the readers of my blog know...

And what about this sophisticated investor? I don't think you heard it from him: http://on-msn.com/enwzw8

I'm supposed to interview Don for my blog in May so I'll ask him if its too late to invest in Hamilton and post the video to my blog.

Hope that helps!

Erwin

EdRenkema

Registered
[quote user=ErwinFromBurlington]I'm supposed to interview Don for my blog in May so I'll ask him if its too late to invest in Hamilton and post the video to my blog.
Who's Don?

Its too late, too late, too late !!!

Don't believe me? look here: http://www.greaterfool.ca/ (love the duct tape)

Personally I'm stockpiling canned food, bottled water, and duct tape.

At months end I'll have completed my fallout shelter under my basement floor, equipped with shortwave radio, 6 months of battery power and yes - more duct tape!

Top Bottom