Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Good rental areas in Edmonton? Recommend a Property Manager in Edmonton?

emilyzuck

REIN Member
Hi there,

My wife and I are REIN Members. We are considering buying a rental property in Edmonton, but don't know Edmonton too well and don't know which areas of the city might be best to avoid. Can anyone provide us some comments as to better areas of Edmonton for rental properties and / or less desirable areas of Edmonton for rental properties.

Also, we are asking for a recommendation of a good property manager in Edmonton.

please reply to my email at

[email protected]

thank you

brentdavies

Registered
If you are just getting started, stay out of the Black Triangle of East Edmonton, which the area from 97 street east, between the river and south of the Yellowhead Trail. This includes neighborhoods such as Eastwood, Montrose, Beverly, and Abbottsfield. Many experianced landlords do well in this area, but many a newcommer has lost thier shorts. Tough tenant profile. Prices are cheap for a reason.

Go north of the Yellowhead trail into Clareview and Castledowns. West end and south side.

Property management companies in Edmonton is a constant theme on REINSPACE. Just search for

" property management in Edmonton". A good list is attached. Phone and interview a few.

johnsu

Registered
There's lots of areas. Easiest would be around transit stations. Those usually are safe bets.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Brent's area description and PM suggestion is right on. You forget to mention what property type you envision. I know a few good multi-family PMs, but they wouldn't take on a townhouse, for example. Be more specific please. Btw: what is a good car ?

Top Bottom