Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grande Prairie Property Management

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
We are also looking for someone in Grande Prairie who might want to make some money showing properties and helping us screen tenants. If anyone knows of a good company in Grande Prairie, please let us know. We are on our second management company, and we just do not have confidence in them. All we hear from people is that there are no good management companies in GP and our experience supports that view. They don`t seem keen on marketing, and if they are this poor on getting the property rented, we are wondering how they will be with inspections and maintenance. If we`re paying 12%, we want to know that they are worth the money.

Does anyone know of a good GP managment company, or is there someone out there who might want to make a little extra cash to show our properties and/or to be a back-up for management needs in the future?

SamEfford

Registered
I am looking for a someone to show properties and screen tenants as well.

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
QUOTE (SamEfford @ Nov 6 2007, 12:08 PM) I am looking for a someone to show properties and screen tenants as well.

If you find someone, Sam, please let me know.

Patricia

REIN Member
We`re also finding things to be frustrating in terms of property management in Grande Prairie --interviewed several companies and property is still vacant (coming on two months), despite being a superb 1-year old duplex in Mission.

We`re looking at doing more of our own marketing (have an ad on gottarent already), and evaluating potential tenants ourselves, but since we live in southern Ontario, it makes things difficult for showing the property. As well, it appears that even if we direct them to the property management company we have, perhaps they`re not getting the necessary service to help them rent it.

Any other REIN members with some suggestions for us?

Thanks!

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
This is a consistant theme in areas that grow quickly, yet the companies serving the area don`t keep up with demand.
I have seen many a member take over the renting of their suites in these types of situation (despite the distance) and then worked a deal with key suppliers (you may wish to speak to RONA or Home-Depot up there for their recommended list of plumbers etc that you can call if there is a maintenance issue).

Taking control of the marketing and `closing` the renters into the suite is important in any mangement situation, it is not a piece that should be quickly delegated. (as you will read in some of the other posts on this site). Rascal, you have proven that!

We will continue to solicit recommendations from other REIN Members investing in Grande Prairie, however being pro-active now may uncover the fact that you can manage the properties at a distance with the right tenants and supplier relationships, such as a local REIN Member who would like to get paid to not `manage` the property but to at least give guidance and help show the units.

Here are a couple of threads that all should read about Grande Prairie and the importance of `doing what it takes` in that market (click on the links below):

GP 1

GP2

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Nov 7 2007, 10:54 AM) This is a consistant theme in areas that grow quickly, yet the companies serving the area don`t keep up with demand.
I have seen many a member take over the renting of their suites in these types of situation (despite the distance) and then worked a deal with key suppliers (you may wish to speak to RONA or Home-Depot up there for their recommended list of plumbers etc that you can call if there is a maintenance issue).

Taking control of the marketing and `closing` the renters into the suite is important in any mangement situation, it is not a piece that should be quickly delegated. (as you will read in some of the other posts on this site). Rascal, you have proven that!

We will continue to solicit recommendations from other REIN Members investing in Grande Prairie, however being pro-active now may uncover the fact that you can manage the properties at a distance with the right tenants and supplier relationships, such as a local REIN Member who would like to get paid to not `manage` the property but to at least give guidance and help show the units.

Here are a couple of threads that all should read about Grande Prairie and the importance of `doing what it takes` in that market (click on the links below):

GP 1

GP2

DianneDachyshyn

Registered
Yes, well, we have learned a few hard lessons through all of this. The two families that we met with on the weekend, that both filled out application forms and who both brought their children to see the place and were so excited to move in. . . .contacted the property management company on Monday and we lost both of them.

The first one went in first thing to place his deposit and ended up taking a rent-to-own that the company had shown him previously. He told me on the phone, "We saw some places earlier that weren`t nearly as nice as yours, but we decided that one was better for us after all. Yours wasn`t in our best interests. We just had a change of heart."

The property manager said,

The tenant who gave the deposit to us for your property came in and decided on another property that we showed them a week before...He said that both him and his wife did not feel that the property was the best for their needs..I advised them to contact you and advise you of this decision....Wendy did speak with the other perspective tenants but they did not come in to our office to fill out an application form.... I`m not sure how the conversation with Wendy went, but in any regard, they changed their minds too. So, we are back to square one. We have cancelled our contract with yet another management company and are looking for solutions. Going to Grande Prairie was great because we learned how rewarding it was to show our property ourselves and meet prospective tenants, etc. It was a real downer Monday morning, however, to realize that our management company didn`t come through for us. As great as it was to go up there, we are not in a position to camp out in GP. We are still looking for someone who can help us pull this together. We have been talking to another investor in Ontario who is in the identical situation. We are hoping to work together to get our properties rented. If anyone else has any advice, we are all ears.

SamEfford

Registered
Currently that is the only issue holding us from investing in GP. The properties we own now are cash-flowing and we had our choice of tenants to chose from. Unfortunately the person who was helping us with out Tenant search has since left GP. Once we find someone who is interested in performing this service, we will be purchasing there again. Unfortuneatly, as most others, I do not have the time necessary to dedicate to staying in GP until the properties are rented.

taracarter42

Registered
Hello, I have found the same thing in Grande Prairie. I would be very interested in working as a property manager for you. I`m currently in California, but you are welcome to email me at [email protected] and we can set a time to talk. I work as a marketing executive so I understand how important it is to market. I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Thank you!

kennicoll

REIN Member
have been investing in Grande Prairie about 5 years. Have had issues with management. We are currently in the pocess of hiring a la carte property services www.alcps.ca

Tim Blake

Registered
Hi Fellow Investors

I understand your frustration with property Management in Grande Prairie.

I have been a local investor in Grande Prairie since 2002 and have twice trying to get away from managing my own properties as it is like many others my least favourite part of real estate. Both times I took them back because of incompetant managers.

As I have no intention of managing any more properties than I currently own (11) I can not help you out on the management end but will be offering my services as tenant placing.

What I will offer

- All advertising (paid kijji top ads Signs on properties and at intersections where possible) Paper here is expensive and doesn`t get results

-Show property to as many perspective tenants until filled

-Screen tenant (Credit, criminal record, reference and the most important Gut check)

-Sign lease collect and first month and security deposit

-Get all paperwork and money to you

-Walk through and pics of property in and out at start and end of lease

-Redo whole process no charge if tenant leaves before 6 months is up

-Put you in contact with local trades I have used

I will do all listed above for 75% of 1 months rent

I am very good at filling properties and I have been in Sales feild for 6 years.

Currently my properties are 100% and Grande Prairie is very busy in the rental market but rents are still 30-35% less than they were 3 years ago.

I was a Rein Member for several years but currently I am not.

I look forward to helping out with anybody needing tenant placement

Don`t hesitate to call me or email [email protected] to discuss details or to ask any questions.

Tim Blake
780 897 8847

Top Bottom