Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Great product for drains!

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Hi SVS

This is an enzyme cleaner, they really do work great. The company I used to work for (similar to Mr. Rooter) also sold this. To save ALOT of money just got to the hardware store or even Walmart and grab a bottle for approx $8-10 and it will last about 6-8 months for a two bathroom household. What is does is it keeps the edges of the pipes slippery, i.e. its a good bacteria that eats the bad bacteria, just put some in each household drain that has a trap once a month and leave overnight, then flush the next day. If the pets drink it, its okay as they'll just get a sore tummy for a day.

The key is to have your drains cleaned first and use this stuff to "Maintain the drains". The trick is getting the tenants to do this, lol. I provide the enzyme cleaner and try to remind them, but they usually forget, thankfully for me plumbing is dirt cheap. Please note it will help with Hair to slide down the pipes, but won't completely prevent it from sticking.

Lisa

SVS

Realtor/Investor K-W-C and surrounding area
REIN Member
Hi SVS

This is an enzyme cleaner, they really do work great. The company I used to work for (similar to Mr. Rooter) also sold this. To save ALOT of money just got to the hardware store or even Walmart and grab a bottle for approx $8-10 and it will last about 6-8 months for a two bathroom household. What is does is it keeps the edges of the pipes slippery, i.e. its a good bacteria that eats the bad bacteria, just put some in each household drain that has a trap once a month and leave overnight, then flush the next day. If the pets drink it, its okay as they'll just get a sore tummy for a day.

The key is to have your drains cleaned first and use this stuff to "Maintain the drains". The trick is getting the tenants to do this, lol. I provide the enzyme cleaner and try to remind them, but they usually forget, thankfully for me plumbing is dirt cheap. Please note it will help with Hair to slide down the pipes, but won't completely prevent it from sticking.

Lisa[/QUOTE
Thanks Didn't know! I don't know how this stuff is not better known its magic in my opinion, I have not had any sludge issues since using it.

Kir Luong

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
IF you mechanically clean your pipe (snaking it, or pressure wash), then you put the enzyme cleaner in, how do you know it works?
I once did a test...took some heavy oil (ex. bacon oil that has been cooled and turned to gel form) and put a solution of this "enzyme" in a glass. I Observed it over 2 days. Absolutely nothing happened.
Then I thought it needed a catalyst...so added some warm water and some detergent in...mixed it a bit. Then obseved it over a few more days..
Adding some detergent in did turned the water a bit murky. But this was all. There was no significant change to the gel oil. So knowing pipes will have some grease build-up, this "enzyme cleaner" is a complete waste of money for oil build-up, I thought. Perhaps I needed a different catalyst. I don't know if my glass test is a good indicator of product performance.

SVS

Realtor/Investor K-W-C and surrounding area
REIN Member
Maybe alaas can give you a detailed answer, but I do know I have not had a problem once since I started using. I had my drain go slow 3 4 times in a 2 week span and clog twice. The plumber snaked it and got nothing after I had already snaked it to no avail, so he recommend this and after a couple of days it sped back up and no issues since. When he snaked the drain all that came out was thick black gunk no solids about 130 ft down my pipes consistantly( duplex shared pipes in kitchen)

alaas1977

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
IF you mechanically clean your pipe (snaking it, or pressure wash), then you put the enzyme cleaner in, how do you know it works?
I once did a test...took some heavy oil (ex. bacon oil that has been cooled and turned to gel form) and put a solution of this "enzyme" in a glass. I Observed it over 2 days. Absolutely nothing happened.
Then I thought it needed a catalyst...so added some warm water and some detergent in...mixed it a bit. Then obseved it over a few more days..
Adding some detergent in did turned the water a bit murky. But this was all. There was no significant change to the gel oil. So knowing pipes will have some grease build-up, this "enzyme cleaner" is a complete waste of money for oil build-up, I thought. Perhaps I needed a different catalyst. I don't know if my glass test is a good indicator of product performance.

Hello

Regarding oil and a waste of money for enzymes regarding oil, this is correct, hence the reason oil, construction debris, drywall mud, clumping kitty litter etc is not intended for household drains. No matter what you do, if oil is placed in the drain it will clog. Nothing will prevent oil from clogging a drain, the enzyme helps prevent the sludge from sticking to the sides of the pipes and allows organic matters to slide through (unless the drain is back grading of course).

The company I used to work for sold a 1 litre bottles for $66 and we were told to promote the product and we're awarded $6 per bottle we sold, at first I thought it wasn't worth it, until I tried it at my house and decided to look up the makeup of the product. Now that I have my own company I have always recommended after a drain cleaning to go to the hardware store and purchase the enzymes and of course STOP putting grease in the drains,lol.

Lisa

Top Bottom