Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Greg Habstritt’s Simple Wealth, Is it worth it?

dannielsen

Registered
I have heard Greg speak at a few REIN meetings and I have been very impressed with his presentations and knowledge. But is his 3 day or 5 day courses on Commercial Real Estate worth it?

seanverret

Registered
Considering if you go to his weekend and you buy a piece of commercial real estate in one year he`ll give you your money back, I`d say yes. However, I haven`t gone before, and can`t go this time because I`ll be away. If I was available I`d be there...

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (dannielsen @ Feb 26 2009, 11:13 AM) I have heard Greg speak at a few REIN meetings and I have been very impressed with his presentations and knowledge. But is his 3 day or 5 day courses on Commercial Real Estate worth it?
It is a fairly new course .. but Greg know`s his stuff .. as he owns industrial land, officer towers and residential .. mainly in the Calgary area .. and he presents well ..

If you don`t like it .. you get your money back .. which is very unlikely !

keep in mind that commercial real estate has many benefits and many drawbacks .. so before you buy an asset it is good to know both.

Some drawbacks, and how to overcome them, are:

a) high cash-to-close required (40 to 50% cash down these days), unless a large VTB can be negotiated
b) much higher interest rates than residential (2.5 to 5% higher) .. i.e. 6% to 10% is not unusual even at 50% LTV
c) tenants may go bankrupt, creating high vacancies for months with 0 income
d) tenant inducements are much higher and are hard to finance
e) commercial leases are complicated

The benefits are:
i) higher yield than residential usually
ii) easy to manage for a good tenant
iii) tenant pays all condo fees, taxes and utilities (triple net !!)
iv) commercial leases can be written in the landlord`s favour to a point where you can confiscate a tenants property at will (i.e. cars, trucks, goods, inventory ..) often without a court order thus having much power over a delinquent tenant
v) VTBs can be negotiated with low to 0 down strategies
vi) fast rental upside in some locations .. up 100% to 200% in a year perhaps with modest improvements

A course that lasts a week or 3 days for less than $2000 .. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP .. as one mistake in a lease clause can cost you 50 times that !!

dannielsen

Registered
Mr. Beyer, Thank-you for your thoughts, I always enjoy reading your posts and I greatly appreciate the time that you dedicate to REIN.

I am registered to go and I look forward to a jam packed weekend. I am just having second thoughts about the time and money spent away from the family. But I realize that I am spending my free time in Real Estate and with REIN in order to build our financial future

CalvinPeters

Registered
I will be there. I try and go to as many of these things as I possible can...my theory is that the more "stuff" I jam into my subconsious brain (cant possibly remember everything) the more "original" ideas I am prone to have. I have not yet gone to one of these things and not taken something that has MORE than covered the time/cost factor.

Allie

Registered
When and where is this event? Is there a link to the info?

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (MatzoB @ Feb 27 2009, 10:05 PM) When and where is this event? Is there a link to the info?

Hi Matzo, I think http://www.simplewealth.com/ March 27th - 29th, 2009 Calgary, Alberta

Allie

Registered
Thank you! I`m looking at Greg`s website and I`m wondering if the discrepancy between the price listed on his website and Thomas` post above indicates there is special REIN rate?

RJPurvis

Registered
QUOTE (MatzoB @ Feb 27 2009, 11:02 PM)
Thank you! I'm looking at Greg's website and I'm wondering if the discrepancy between the price listed on his website and Thomas' post above indicates there is special REIN rate?

Yes, Greg had a special offer he presented at the last Calgary REIN meeting that was only available to the Friday of that week - not sure if he would still offer that REIN price or not. I took him up on it so I'll be there.

HeatherShadlock

Registered
QUOTE (RJPurvis @ Mar 1 2009, 11:22 AM) Yes, Greg had a special offer he presented at the last Calgary REIN meeting that was only available to the Friday of that week - not sure if he would still offer that REIN price or not. I took him up on it so I`ll be there.

If you are looking to go for the special price, there was another REIN member that posted online a week or so ago, in regards to needing a "guest" in order to get the even further discounted price. If you look back in the posts I am sure that you will find it. Or put a post on for yourself, I am sure that there is another REIN member that is going solo and willing to put you on, in order to further reduce their price. When I signed up, they said my guest could sign up later. I would try it if you are interested!

RJPurvis

Registered
QUOTE (HeatherShadlock @ Mar 4 2009, 06:00 PM)
If you are looking to go for the special price, there was another REIN member that posted online a week or so ago, in regards to needing a "guest" in order to get the even further discounted price. If you look back in the posts I am sure that you will find it. Or put a post on for yourself, I am sure that there is another REIN member that is going solo and willing to put you on, in order to further reduce their price. When I signed up, they said my guest could sign up later. I would try it if you are interested!

I thought I had a guest lined up for attendance at this event - however, I just found out that person already registered. If there is anyone else looking to go as my guest - we can get the guest price that is available. Just PM me.

greghabstritt

Registered
Hi all:

The Commercial course is going to be great, and I`m looking forward to having everyone there.

Thomas my friend, thanks for your kind words - and I agree, as with all investments, there are positives and negatives, pros and cons. We`ll be discussing all of them during the 3 day event. I teach that there IS no perfect investment strategy. Having a variety of asset classes in your portfolio is sound diversification, and I think commercial offers some unique benefits that cannot be achieved in other investments.

The key one is passing ALL operating expenses to the tenants, who happily pay them. That is a VERY powerful advantage you simply CANNOT do in residential at any level. There are lots of other advantages as well. As for financing, that`s a challenge on ALL real estate right now. That`s why I am so focused on Seller Financing, and it`s more common in Commecial than residential. We`ll be doing a separate session on seller financing, and you`ll hear EXACTLY what I say to sellers when trying to negotiate seller financing. I`ve negotiated over $15,000,000 of seller financing in the past few years in the process of building a portfolio of approximately $100,000,000 in property, and I`ll be sharing EXACTLY how I did it.

The course is SOLD OUT at this point. We`re checking with a few of my VIP students to ensure that they are going to attend, and we`re trying to get a few extra seats for people. It`s going to be a packed room and I can`t wait. I`ve been thinking of doing a commercial program for a few years and this will be the ONLY one I do this year.

So for those of you signed up, you`re in for a fun and VERY content-filled event.

If you DO still want to sign up, contact my office or fax in the registration form -- MAKE SURE you put "REIN Member" on it, or you`ll be charged the regular `public` rate (which is $3,997). The REIN rate is only $1,997. For anyone that questions the value, my 5 day residential program is $7,497US - so I would agree with Thomas that less than $2K for 3 days is a great deal. :)

If you don`t have the form, contact my office and speak to Laura. ([email protected]).

IF any spots open up, we will honour the REIN price of $1,997 for those people who took action and submitted the form.... but I can`t guarantee anything because we`re at capacity now.

So thank you everyone for your support, and I look forward to blowing you all away at this program!

Regards,
Greg

RJPurvis

Registered
QUOTE (greghabstritt @ Mar 17 2009, 10:30 AM) Hi all:

The Commercial course is going to be great, and I`m looking forward to having everyone there.

Thomas my friend, thanks for your kind words - and I agree, as with all investments, there are positives and negatives, pros and cons. We`ll be discussing all of them during the 3 day event. I teach that there IS no perfect investment strategy. Having a variety of asset classes in your portfolio is sound diversification, and I think commercial offers some unique benefits that cannot be achieved in other investments.

Regards,
Greg

Hey Greg,

I do have to say, I had no intention at looking at commercial property at this stage for myself but your presentation at the REIN meeting was excellent - my guest and I are really looking forward to attending the event.

Cheers,

Ron

AndyLuchies

Registered
Hey Greg, ...any chance of you putting your stuff on DVD/cd/mp3?

Then you get more info out to more people using less time earning more money (and busy chumps like me in Ontario can learn from our own lazy-boys).

NJang

Registered
QUOTE (greghabstritt @ Mar 17 2009, 08:30 AM) Hi all:

The key one is passing ALL operating expenses to the tenants, who happily pay them. That is a VERY powerful advantage you simply CANNOT do in residential at any level. There are lots of other advantages as well. As for financing, that`s a challenge on ALL real estate right now. That`s why I am so focused on Seller Financing, and it`s more common in Commecial than residential. We`ll be doing a separate session on seller financing, and you`ll hear EXACTLY what I say to sellers when trying to negotiate seller financing. I`ve negotiated over $15,000,000 of seller financing in the past few years in the process of building a portfolio of approximately $100,000,000 in property, and I`ll be sharing EXACTLY how I did it.

The course is SOLD OUT at this point. We`re checking with a few of my VIP students to ensure that they are going to attend, and we`re trying to get a few extra seats for people. It`s going to be a packed room and I can`t wait. I`ve been thinking of doing a commercial program for a few years and this will be the ONLY one I do this year.

So for those of you signed up, you`re in for a fun and VERY content-filled event.

If you DO still want to sign up, contact my office or fax in the registration form -- MAKE SURE you put "REIN Member" on it, or you`ll be charged the regular `public` rate (which is $3,997). The REIN rate is only $1,997. For anyone that questions the value, my 5 day residential program is $7,497US - so I would agree with Thomas that less than $2K for 3 days is a great deal. :)

If you don`t have the form, contact my office and speak to Laura. ([email protected]).

IF any spots open up, we will honour the REIN price of $1,997 for those people who took action and submitted the form.... but I can`t guarantee anything because we`re at capacity now.

So thank you everyone for your support, and I look forward to blowing you all away at this program!

Regards,
Greg

Greg,

I thoroughly enjoyed your BC REIN presentation when you were in Vancouver and was hoping to attend your 3-day program in Calgary. Unfortunately, I`m not able to be there and was wondering if you will be holding another Commercial course any time soon (preferably in Vancouver). If not, will you have a CD version of the course available for REIN Members?

Cheers, Norm...

Miguel

Registered
Hi,

I am interested in going to the Commercial Real Estate Seminar. If you guys suscribed and need a guest let me know. My cell is 778 837 2626 or drop me an email at [email protected]

greghabstritt

Registered
Hi guys:

I will NOT be doing another Commercial Program this year. However, we are hoping to be able to capture the essence of the program on audio and video, and will consider doing a "home study program" if it seems like there`s enough interest and a market for it. It`s an expensive and VERY time consuming project, but we`ll do it if we think enough people are interested.

Thank you for the kind words, and I`m looking forward to seeing many of you next weekend!

Regards,
Greg

P.S. The event is now completely sold out. We`ve started a waiting list for any last-minute spots that open up due to cancellations.

jgunther

Registered
QUOTE (RJPurvis @ Mar 13 2009, 03:02 PM) I thought I had a guest lined up for attendance at this event - however, I just found out that person already registered. If there is anyone else looking to go as my guest - we can get the guest price that is available. Just PM me.

I`m interested in attending this event. Please contact me if you have registered and have not taken advantage of the guest rate. [email protected]

greghabstritt

Registered
Hi all:

Well, it was an admittedly punishing program for me to deliver since the days were long and we went through a LOT of content, but the feedback we got for the Commercial Investing Secrets this weekend was simply incredible.

THANK YOU to all the REIN members who took time from your schedule to attend. I can only hope that the time was worthwhile, and that you got what you were looking for. Based on the feedback we`ve received, I believe I achieved one of my goals of underpromising and overdelivering.

For those who did not have the chance to attend the live event, we were able to capture some excellent audio and video, so we are in the process of looking to create a Home Study version of the program. We will be providing that through the REIN website and REIN members will, of course, get a substantial discount on the program when it`s released.

To Your Success,
Greg Habstritt

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
Speaking as one who DID attend Greg`s event, it was "simply incredible" as he said. I have significant experience and knowledge around ICI real estate. Yet, Greg and his team gave me numerous ideas that will help me take my career to another level.

It was not just Greg who was exhausted when the weekend was over. I was sound asleep in my seat before the airplane reached the runway... and it was only 6:45pm.

For anyone who is interested in learning more about ICI investments, I would heartily recommend Greg`s home study course when it is available. However, nothing beats being there in person.

Top Bottom