Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hamilton Areas Reno Subsidy

donksky

Registered
Hello, Are these streets decent areas in Hamilton, ON? Weber St. E., Canon- any areas I should stay away from? Do u think downtown`s ok now - that it`s really revitalizing? Also, how much is the city covering renovations for? I heard u can renovate & get paid up to $2500 ?reimbursements? thanks!

gregA

Registered
Check here for info on incentives in Dowtown hamilton. Some are grants, some are interest free loans and some are tax exemptions. All are restricted to specific locations.

Hamilton Development Incentives

Like any city, different areas are suitable for different approaches depending what kind of property & tenants you want. West hamilton is a lot of single family homes & student rentals. Southwest downtown is single & multi-family with a lot of nice well kept properties, but not cheap. North end is cheap, but industrial. South central downtown has nice pockets and more affordable than south west, but also some sketchy areas. James St North is definitely revitalizing.

If you`re really interested, there`s lots of good reading to be found here re: Hamilton downtown.

hamilton info

Hope that helps,
Greg.

mflynn

Registered
Hi, I agree with Greg (mostly). I think a lot of REIN members are short changing the "north end". There are a lot of great little streets down near the bay (off York Boulevard and near Dundurn).

I currently own 10 rental properties in Hamilton. I grew up in Hamilton and I can tell you, it is a very different city now.

I`m excited when more investors are interested in purchasing in the area.

The specific streets you mention:

Weber Street -- I can`t find this street on a hamilton map -- there is a Webber Ave or Webster Street or Webster Ave???

I`d be happy to give my two cents if you can be more specific

Cheers

Mary

holymoly

Registered
QUOTE (mflynn @ Aug 24 2008, 05:28 PM) Weber Street -- I can`t find this street on a hamilton map -- there is a Webber Ave or Webster Street or Webster Ave???
There`s a Webber Avenue running east of the Claremont Access/Victoria Ave. S., in the Stinson neighbourhood.

I can`t comment on the street, so this is a bit off topic, but I looked at a house on Webber. Priced significantly below assessed value, and seemed to have a lot of potential, until I walked into the basement. I felt almost like I was choking. Don`t know if it was full of mold or what, but my RE agent and I both couldn`t get out of there fast enough.

Top Bottom