Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hamilton Areas to invest in?

donksky

Registered
I see lots of cheap i.e., cash flowing rentals for sale in the "industrial corridòr`", mixed use in Hamilton - barton, wellington, near STelco, etc. Are these bad areas to invest in--or decent enough for resale, cash flow, tenant but not appreciation? what are the good, affordable areas to invest in besides Moutain & near Red Hill? James St.?? Is being neAr Centre Point Mall good or still too industrial/unattractive? why are there so many illegal duplexes, triplex & fourplexes? thx

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (donksky @ Feb 5 2009, 03:15 PM) I see lots of cheap i.e., cash flowing rentals for sale in the "industrial corridòr`", mixed use in Hamilton - barton, wellington, near STelco, etc. Are these bad areas to invest in--or decent enough for resale, cash flow, tenant but not appreciation? what are the good, affordable areas to invest in besides Moutain & near Red Hill? James St.?? Is being neAr Centre Point Mall good or still too industrial/unattractive? why are there so many illegal duplexes, triplex & fourplexes? thx

In my opinion they are cheap for a reason.
Barton & Wellington, near Stelco I personally wouldn`t touch it. Those were the reasons I would never invest in Hamilton, just visualizing those areas. Would you live down there? There`s only a certain type of individual willing to live there and they don`t fit my tenant profile.
If you`re looking for decent cashflow in a good area talk to your realtor, they should
know.

brad

REIN Member
RUN away from the areas you mentioned, the tenant profile is rough say the least. Yes there is cash flow......on paper, but those properties will eat up much more time then they are worth. Anyone that has their act together doesn`t live there. Crime, drugs, up to you, but it won`t be easy. Go for a walk on day, you`ll see.

Brad

housedoc

Registered
Quality tenants are the issue.
Plenty of great, cheap, run-down properties...... and problems! Risky? Sure.
But revitalization going on too, especially ~James.
Close to Stelco? Pee-yoo, Fuggetaboutit!
I`ve been watching closely while serving my client but haven`t jumped in yet. I can`t imagine she`s cash flowing with all the issues I`m seeing (ie. repairs, tenants, etc)
But sooo many nice old brick buildings (drool).
Got any good prospects?

Top Bottom