Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hamilton Residential Real Estate Lawyers

dlynes

Registered
I`m wondering if anyone can recommend a good residential real estate lawyer for income producing property in the Hamilton area?

Also, because we need to get one quick to be able to put in an offer on a property, before we lose it, I`m wondering if anyone`s familiar with Arrell Law firm, and would be able to suggest whether they would be sufficient for closing on our first property (a 10 bed student housing building, that`s a legal non-conforming triplex).

Thank you.

rforgiel

REIN Member
Daniel,

Two good Hamilton lawyers are:

Andrew Loucks
2826 King St. East Hamilton
905 560-8590

or

Mark Dudzic
105 Main St. East, Suite 1014 Hamilton
905 528-4251

dlynes

Registered
Thank you to both Ramon and Mark.

We`ve decided to talk to Mark Dudzic. The good thing about Mark is that he`s also the president of the committee of adjustments for the City of Hamilton (if you`re doing something that`s not kosher with the neighbors however, I guess that`s not a good thing.)

QUOTE (rforgiel @ Dec 7 2009, 07:26 AM) Daniel,

Two good Hamilton lawyers are:

Andrew Loucks
2826 King St. East Hamilton
905 560-8590

or

Mark Dudzic
105 Main St. East, Suite 1014 Hamilton
905 528-4251

CaesarPua

Registered
QUOTE (dlynes @ Dec 7 2009, 03:33 PM) Thank you to both Ramon and Mark.

We`ve decided to talk to Mark Dudzic. The good thing about Mark is that he`s also the president of the committee of adjustments for the City of Hamilton (if you`re doing something that`s not kosher with the neighbors however, I guess that`s not a good thing.)

I`ve used Mark Dudzic before too. He`s a good real estate lawyer, but bear in mind, his assistants do the paperwork and it takes 8-12 weeks to receive your closing documents.

I closed on three properties in late September. Two properties with Mark Dudzic and one with Joel Kerr. It`s been over 8 weeks and I`m still waiting for my closing docs from Mark. Joel Kerr`s office (right next to his) was much quicker.

Caesar

dlynes

Registered
Does that mean that it takes 2 to 3 months to close? Or just that you don`t see the documents for 2 to 3 months, and the closing still takes the normal amount of time?

For our investing goals (commercial real estate), Mark would align with them quite well (we`ll probably need to deal with the committee of adjustments from time to time for minor variances and zoning amendments.)

I don`t foresee the amount of time it takes to get closing documents as a huge issue, as long as the actual closing happens within the time frame required by the seller.

QUOTE (CaesarPua @ Dec 7 2009, 03:41 PM) I`ve used Mark Dudzic before too. He`s a good real estate lawyer, but bear in mind, his assistants do the paperwork and it takes 8-12 weeks to receive your closing documents.

I closed on three properties in late September. Two properties with Mark Dudzic and one with Joel Kerr. It`s been over 8 weeks and I`m still waiting for my closing docs from Mark. Joel Kerr`s office (right next to his) was much quicker.

Caesar

CaesarPua

Registered
QUOTE (dlynes @ Dec 7 2009, 03:58 PM) Does that mean that it takes 2 to 3 months to close? Or just that you don`t see the documents for 2 to 3 months, and the closing still takes the normal amount of time?

For our investing goals (commercial real estate), Mark would align with them quite well (we`ll probably need to deal with the committee of adjustments from time to time for minor variances and zoning amendments.)

I don`t foresee the amount of time it takes to get closing documents as a huge issue, as long as the actual closing happens within the time frame required by the seller.

Mark knows his stuff and can be quite intimidating if the vendor tries to mess with you. On one of my deals, the vendor did not fulfill one important condition, and Mark stood his ground. The closing will take place on time...I was referring to the closing paper-work...this will take a long time to get to you. If that is not important to you, then use Mark Dudzic.

dlynes

Registered
Good to know.

Thanks for all your information. It`s much appreciated.

QUOTE (CaesarPua @ Dec 7 2009, 04:14 PM) Mark knows his stuff and can be quite intimidating if the vendor tries to mess with you. On one of my deals, the vendor did not fulfill one important condition, and Mark stood his ground. The closing will take place on time...I was referring to the closing paper-work...this will take a long time to get to you. If that is not important to you, then use Mark Dudzic.

rforgiel

REIN Member
QUOTE (dlynes @ Dec 7 2009, 01:33 PM) We`ve decided to talk to Mark Dudzic. The good thing about Mark is that he`s also the president of the committee of adjustments for the City of Hamilton (if you`re doing something that`s not kosher with the neighbors however, I guess that`s not a good thing.)

Mark will take care of you. If you have problems with the neighbors he will stear you around it. The realtor in our office Karen Filice works with Mark on the committee of adjustments and it is a big benefit, especially in Hamilton where the need for affordable multifamily housing is recognized by the city but the bylaws have not caught up to this need.

Top Bottom