Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hamilton vs KWC purchases

housingrental

Registered
I`d go with single family townhouse for cheap. Ideal would be newer but in need of tlc and discounted more than work needed. Touch up, rent.

If picking up around $150K or less you should be able to make a go of it, have sufficient reserves if things go poorly for awhile.

When everything is setup have some additional built-in equity and still have funds to go buy property #2.

QUOTE (andrewi @ Mar 15 2010, 07:59 PM) I can come up with $60k max with refinance on my residence. That equates to 20% on $300k of property. I can do 1 property or 2 depending on which option gets me the better deal.

Andrew

tahani

REIN Member
I have many REIN Clients buying in this area and even with 100% financing we still can cash flow. not much but it still can be done.

Even here in Cambridge too. With 20% down for sure you can cash flow.

I know this area very well and can help you lots. Give me a call and I will tell you where to buy and what to expect in this area.

What areas to consider and where not to buy. Will tell you what rent to expect and type of tenant you most likely get.

Its so important finding the right agent to work with as most of your questions will be answered and more.

Here is a link on the importance of working with a savvy realtor who understands investors and can help you with the whole process.

andrewi

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Mar 16 2010, 12:20 PM) I`d go with single family townhouse for cheap. Ideal would be newer but in need of tlc and discounted more than work needed. Touch up, rent.

If picking up around $150K or less you should be able to make a go of it, have sufficient reserves if things go poorly for awhile.

When everything is setup have some additional built-in equity and still have funds to go buy property #2.

Thanks Housingrental...I`l start looking and see what I can find....will do some calc too..
Do you have anything in the KWC area you can think of...I thought I saw you were from around there...
Andrew

housingrental

Registered
Sure head into town through the hi-way
Get off at University avenue.
Take it west to king and university
On the south east corner there is an rbc
Put your money there and wait a few years and hope prices fall or rents increase enough to justify a single family purchase in Waterloo.

QUOTE (andrewi @ Mar 16 2010, 10:50 PM) Thanks Housingrental...I`l start looking and see what I can find....will do some calc too..
Do you have anything in the KWC area you can think of...I thought I saw you were from around there...
Andrew

andrewi

Registered
QUOTE (andrewi @ Mar 16 2010, 11:50 PM) Thanks Housingrental...I`l start looking and see what I can find....will do some calc too..
Andrew

andrewi

Registered
Hi All,

I,ve done some looking and believe Oshawa is where I can do something with bungalows either as single family or as 2 suites. However, does anyone know how I can find out what is the going rent for single family in either North Oshawa ( Around Rossland) or in the south just below the GM plant? How do I find this out?

Thanks,

Andrew

Top Bottom