Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Has any one used Manulife One or National Banks All in One Mortgages?

markl

Registered
I am just looking for some feedback on these mortgages. If you have experience with them I would love to hear it good or bad.

I was leaning towards National Bank as it allows for multiple accounts.

Thanks,

moparcanuck

Registered
I have the National Bank All in One on my primary residence. Quite like it. Very handy to have the LOC automatically increased as the mortgage is paid down. Only down side for me is there's no National Bank in my city. I'm able to use HSBC bank machines for day to day stuff, but the one time I had to actually get a draft from my LOC, I had to drive 2 hours to get it (was for down payment on new rental, so worth it, but still a pain).

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
Some "regular" banks are now offering similar products. The features will vary from bank to bank. For instance, Scotia has a STEP mortgage that includes an automatically increasing LOC but it cannot include a chequing account, so you lose the benefit of having your chequing account balance offset your mortgage, thus requiring a bit more money shuffling.

Aneta

REIN Member
National Banks product is the most versatile, in my opinion. If you have large LOC, you can split up to various accounts, and this allows you to split up personal and business for tax purposes. Depends which broker you work with, but you can still get a competitive rate on the LOC.

National Bank does have one of the most strictest ways they qualify clients for their 'all in one' (tight debt ratios), but if you can get your maximum, I recommend going for it, before the government makes more rules about HELOCs!

moparcanuck

Registered
My own experience with rates isn't too bad. I got seperate rates on the mortgage vs. LOC portions (not unusual). My mortgage is P-0.4, while the LOC is P+0.6. Seen better, seen worse. I do agree with the comment on the Manulife One product. Not sure if it's still P+1, but it was when I was looking at it, which is a bit pricey.

Top Bottom