Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HELP - Where Are All the G-R-E-A-T Home Inspectors ?

Starpro

Registered
I`m presently looking for a Home Inspector and would appreciate any feedback REIN members may have within the GTA.
Has anyone had any dealings with a firm named "QualitySpec" ?

Any assistance would be appreciated...!

Thanks

JoefromTO

REIN Member
A company I use is called Amerispec. The specific inspector I ask for is Ian Frost. However, I believe he specializes in Brampton/Mississauga only. I asked him if it was ok to post his cel number, he said yes...but to mention that he is very busy and you might need to leave a message.

If he can`t service your area, he probably knows someone who can.

Ian Frost Cel #905-867-1178.

Cheers

housingrental

Registered
I`m under the impression - ie some of this might be incorrect - that:
a) Anyone can call themselves a home inspector - its not a profession
b) There`s a designation of RHI (or something like that) that most or all reputable quality home inspectors have.
So you should search for someone with RHI designation

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Here is a quote from our inspector`s website:

"To ensure that your inspector is a qualified professional, select one who is a Registered Home Inspector with the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors. This ensures that they are current with new technology and building practices.

To become a member of one of the above organizations, an Inspector must meet rigorous professional and educational requirements, followed by a review. They must also adhere to the association`s code of ethics that demands fairness and impartiality towards clients.

To stay current with the profession, an inspector is also required to meet annual continued education requirements. These are essential to maintaining the high standards that the provincial organizations have set for their membership."

Our inspector, Victor Esteireiro, is superb. He works in the K-W-C area.
http://www.trademasterhomeinspection.com/about.html

All the best,

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (Starpro @ May 13 2009, 08:17 AM) I`m presently looking for a Home Inspector and would appreciate any feedback REIN members may have within the GTA.
Has anyone had any dealings with a firm named "QualitySpec" ?

Any assistance would be appreciated...!

Thanks

Calgary

Peter Spry

Home Crafters

403-292-1600

rforgiel

REIN Member
I use Alden Gibson of Breslau (near Kitchener/Waterloo). He has inspected properties for me in Brantford and Hamilton. Don`t know how far into the GTA he will go.
Alden teaches home inspection at Conestoga College and is excellent. He will pick up everything.
Phone: 519 648-3963
Toll Free 1-800-692-7068
www.inspectgib.com

dplummer

Registered
Mike Holmes has started a Home Inspection service. If you go on his website or Goggle him it should come up.

Doug

Courtenay

Registered
Ian Calman at Pillar to Post did an amazing job for us last week. He was so detailed and knowledgeable; I highly recommend him.

Top Bottom