Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hitting 2 Ceilings with Real Estate Investing...

UTCVenturesLtd

Registered
I am realizing that i have come to a point in real estate investing where i have hit two ceilings.
A) Just enough cash flow to cover the risk factor, debt and expenses. No more funds to upgrade properties.
B) The time factor: I am only one person! I do what i am able to do with upgrading properties putting in my own labor and contracting the rest. I am starting to lose ground with what i wanted to accomplish before winter sets in.

1. I can always try flipping properties in the portfolio to continue a slower journey in real estate investing which is the course that i am on right now. A wholesaler.

2. I can do joint ventures. I find it hard to find a jv investor and every other real estate investor seems to be looking for them as well.

3. There is the taking on a partner option. (Most seem very shy about going this route. Too many horror stories out there i guess.) In most cases it is always better to run your own show.

What is the best way to continue the journey from here? Would like to hear from those who have passed by this way!

tonypeters

Registered
Your story is a familiar one, and one that most real estate investors find themselves trying to overcome at some point in their real estate investing career.

We hit a similar wall back in 2001. We had purchased 12 properties and found that my "day job" and the "banks" would not allow us to progress much further. This is when we realized that if we wanted to continue our real estate investing journey and take it to a completely different level; we would have to become "CREATIVE".

Ron LeGrand was obviously a major influence in our lives, as he opened our eyes to the MANY different ways that you can "slice and dice" real estate.
I have a quote that will help you; "If You Can`t Make Money WITHOUT money You Can`t Make Money WITH Money!

Think about this for a moment and you will soon realize what my message is really telling you. Here is a little help; having MONEY and CREDIT makes real estate investing EASY! Just about ANYBODY can do that! But when you learn how to purchase properties using OPM (other people`s money), then and ONLY then will you take your real estate business to the NEXT level! How do you think I know this?

In order to continue, you MUST become CREATIVE!

The other piece of advice I have; "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can`t, you`re right"
– Henry Ford

I hope that my advice will be of assistance to you?

QUOTE (UTCVenturesLtd @ Sep 28 2009, 12:28 AM) I am realizing that i have come to a point in real estate investing where i have hit two ceilings.
A) Just enough cash flow to cover the risk factor, debt and expenses. No more funds to upgrade properties.
B) The time factor: I am only one person! I do what i am able to do with upgrading properties putting in my own labor and contracting the rest. I am starting to lose ground with what i wanted to accomplish before winter sets in.

1. I can always try flipping properties in the portfolio to continue a slower journey in real estate investing which is the course that i am on right now. A wholesaler.

2. I can do joint ventures. I find it hard to find a jv investor and every other real estate investor seems to be looking for them as well.

3. There is the taking on a partner option. (Most seem very shy about going this route. Too many horror stories out there i guess.) In most cases it is always better to run your own show.

What is the best way to continue the journey from here? Would like to hear from those who have passed by this way!

TodorYordanov

Registered
QUOTE (UTCVenturesLtd @ Sep 28 2009, 02:28 AM) I am realizing that i have come to a point in real estate investing where i have hit two ceilings. A) Just enough cash flow to cover the risk factor, debt and expenses. No more funds to upgrade properties.

I`ve put yourself in a tight corner and only you can go back and fix it. Both A and B should not look like that.
A - you should have more than "just enough cash flow" - what you need to look for is a nice chunk of cash flow after ALL expenses. Otherwise this is going to be a long and VERY hard road to travel. If you need to sell some properties to improve the overall performance of the portfolio, than that`s what you need to do. Keep the best, let lose of the not so good.
B - This one is tied to "A". Figure out what you are best at adn where in this business of yours you will make the most impact and concentrate your effort there. What is making
you money? Leave the rest to other professionals.

Really plan ahead and see how this portfolio is 1. Self sustainable. 2. Making you money - now and into the future.

I don`t like any of your 3 options. You need to have strong properties and systems in place before you do anything else.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom