Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Holidays

MikeMcCrae

Registered
Hello all,

I just returned from a 2 week motorcycle ride in South Texas and had a ball with my brother and brother inlaw.

One night my phone rings and my brother inlaw tells me that he and my brother are leaving in 6 days for a 2 week bike ride and would I like to come. Do you know how great it is to answer YES without having to think about it? Freedom like this is the beauty of this game! Wild Hogs had nothing on us, we now call ourselves the Crazy McT`s and are talking about Victoria in June.

We trailered the bikes to Texas and back. On the trip home we talked about real estate (of course) and when we got back to their home in Brandon Manitoba it was decided that we would buy a house, so we did.

So not only did I have a fabulous trip, but it now has some tax advantages and I have another property.

Got to LOVE what real estate can do for you.

mortgageman

Registered
Way to go Mike!
By the way, I keep tabs on the Brandon Sun and Brandon is experiencing an influx of foreign workers who are working at the meat packing plants in town and apparently there`s a real rental property shortage there.
Might be an opportunity for you if you`ve got relatives there who will property manage/hunt for deals for you.
Jason

QUOTE (MikeMcCrae @ Jan 21 2008, 11:15 AM) Hello all,

I just returned from a 2 week motorcycle ride in South Texas and had a ball with my brother and brother inlaw.

One night my phone rings and my brother inlaw tells me that he and my brother are leaving in 6 days for a 2 week bike ride and would I like to come. Do you know how great it is to answer YES without having to think about it? Freedom like this is the beauty of this game! Wild Hogs had nothing on us, we now call ourselves the Crazy McT`s and are talking about Victoria in June.

We trailered the bikes to Texas and back. On the trip home we talked about real estate (of course) and when we got back to their home in Brandon Manitoba it was decided that we would buy a house, so we did.

So not only did I have a fabulous trip, but it now has some tax advantages and I have another property.

Got to LOVE what real estate can do for you.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Way to go Mike,

You provide us all with a great lesson: don`t wait to celebrate... enjoy the journey along the way. Real estate is just a financial catalyst to living life to the fullest.

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Hi Mike,

You must show me how to clsoe a JV sales while hitting 100k on the road. Great story and well done.

Its funny that a lot of business owners or sole traders have a lot of fear around taking off on holidays or adventure trips. The only fear should be around `what if I dont go?`

Can I share a great quote with you?

Philip McKernan.

“you’ll seldom experience regret for the things you do. It’s the things you don’t do that can haunt you forever”.

Top Bottom