Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do I set up an email auto-responder?

dUstrrbUnii

REIN Member
I would like to set up an email auto-responder for my rental houses... I want it to be able to send out a questionaire/application to anyone who sends me an email asking about a house... Does anyone know how to get this kind of system set up?

thx

Nick

JimWhitelaw

Registered

BenSanderson

Registered
I`ll second the Gmail approach.

I`ve had good success by combining their "Canned Responses" feature (it`s currently a Labs item) with Gmail`s excellent filtering system. The result is that I can custom tailor a specific response for inquiries on a specific property or subject matter. For example, the last auto-response I created had all inquiries for my one "info@..." address receive a specific message giving loads of detail, but then prompting them to call if still interested in my property. Their message is then automatically marked as "Read" and flagged with a label to state that the response was sent out. Easy to track, and doesn`t require me to do anything.

There are lots of How To articles out there if you just Google "Gmail Canned Responses". This one is pretty decent: http://lifehacker.com/5165371/use-gmails-c...-autoresponders

dUstrrbUnii

REIN Member
QUOTE (BenSanderson @ Mar 21 2010, 07:40 AM) I`ll second the Gmail approach.

I`ve had good success by combining their "Canned Responses" feature (it`s currently a Labs item) with Gmail`s excellent filtering system. The result is that I can custom tailor a specific response for inquiries on a specific property or subject matter. For example, the last auto-response I created had all inquiries for my one "info@..." address receive a specific message giving loads of detail, but then prompting them to call if still interested in my property. Their message is then automatically marked as "Read" and flagged with a label to state that the response was sent out. Easy to track, and doesn`t require me to do anything.

There are lots of How To articles out there if you just Google "Gmail Canned Responses". This one is pretty decent: http://lifehacker.com/5165371/use-gmails-c...-autoresponders

Wow. Thank you very much guys, that was very helpful

Nickk

David90

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I have tried using the gmail autoresponder with a canned response to my rental inquiries. My problem is when the email comes from a rental website like rentfaster.ca or rentboard.ca, my reply goes to the webmaster of the website, not the rental prospect.

Has anyone had this same problem? How have you gotten around it? I`d love to know, right now I have to log on to gmail and then click on "reply" then "insert canned message". It take lots of extra time.

Thanks,
David

Top Bottom