Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to purchase a mobile home

moparcanuck

Registered
Hey all,

Looking to purchase my first mobile home (ironically, it's in a mobile home park I own, but never owned any of the units up until now). I've heard through the grapevine that since the purchase of just the mobile home does not involve Land Titles, that pretty much any Bill of Sale will work (ie, use a common one such as found for automobiles).

It is a private sale and therefore no realtor involved. If it is indeed just a Bill of Sale, no need for a lawyer (like a car). For the record, I've already run a search on the Serial Number of the mobile and no leins were found, so it certainly appears to be free and clear.

For those who have bought mobiles, what sort of paperwork did you use? I am in Alberta for whatever difference that makes.

Thanks all for your input.

invst4profit

Registered
I am a Mobile Home Park owner in Ontario. I own several of the homes in my park and have bought and sold simply by using a generic bill of sale form. In some cases where the buyer is using a real estate agent the agent has made up the bill of sale. I have never used a lawyer however some of my buyers have. I simply work directly with there lawyer.

If you search the internet you should find a bill of sale that you can modify to work.

Top Bottom