Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I finally took the plunge in my 2nd year of membership

RosePellar

Registered
Hi Don, Russell and staff:

I just wanted you to know that I have just finally acquired a property in Barrie, Ontario. It closes on August 28th. I also want to tell you if I had not been connected to REIN I might have thrown the towel in before I even got started. Receiving cds of meetings I missed, along with the handouts, provided me with updates and encouragement to keep going. I was a late starter (first acquisition since joining) but I can assure you that this is only the start of my adventure into the world of wise real estate investments.

The connection REIN afforded me to Peter Kinch and his associates was also extremely helpful.

My REIN membership is definitely the kind of ROI I am seeking.

Thank you and thank you again.

albainstar

Registered
I too just got my own property after a year in REIN
I did a few JV`s outside of my city inthe year, but nothing on my own
I finally could afford somehting in my city and took the plunge

I was able to rent it out in under 3 days also !!!
It felt great

CarrieKoch

Registered
QUOTE (RosePellar @ Aug 19 2009, 11:30 AM) Hi Don, Russell and staff:

I just wanted you to know that I have just finally acquired a property in Barrie, Ontario. It closes on August 28th. I also want to tell you if I had not been connected to REIN I might have thrown the towel in before I even got started. Receiving cds of meetings I missed, along with the handouts, provided me with updates and encouragement to keep going. I was a late starter (first acquisition since joining) but I can assure you that this is only the start of my adventure into the world of wise real estate investments.

The connection REIN afforded me to Peter Kinch and his associates was also extremely helpful.

Congratulations Rose!!! I too believe the REIN membership is sooo very beneficial

ltam68

Registered

Hi,

I`m looking to invest in Barrie but I`m an hour away. Are you managing the unit yourself or do you have a property manager? I`m looking for a reliable property manager before I invest in Barrie.

I also agree with you that REIN is a phenomenal group and resource.

Lippman

p.s. If anyone reads this can recommend a great property manager, can you please drop me a note? Many thanks in advance.

JoefromTO

REIN Member

Congrats! Can you tell us more about your investment?

invst4profit

Registered
QUOTE (ltam 68 @ Oct 10 2009, 01:38 PM) Hi,

I`m looking to invest in Barrie but I`m an hour away. Are you managing the unit yourself or do you have a property manager? I`m looking for a reliable property manager before I invest in Barrie.

Lippman

p.s. If anyone reads this can recommend a great property manager, can you please drop me a note? Many thanks in advance.

For your first property it is advisable that you manage it yourself, in my opinion, as it is excellent experience that will give you insight into managing a property manager when you grow large enough to require one.
You should not need one for a single property even an hour away.
My property is an hour away and is very easy to self manage. There really isn`t much to managing a single property and often only requires a call to the appropriate contractor in the event you can not handle the problem yourself.

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (ltam68 @ Oct 10 2009, 01:38 PM) Hi,

Lippman

Lippman, I have 3 current properties in Barrie all magaged by EPM , I believe Carrie responded to your post as well. You can contact Michelle or Tom and they will treat you right. Sometimes there are those of us who do not want to manage at all but be invloved in the decisions.

ltam68

Registered
QUOTE (JDRInvestments @ Oct 11 2009, 01:34 PM) Lippman, I have 3 current properties in Barrie all magaged by EPM , I believe Carrie responded to your post as well. You can contact Michelle or Tom and they will treat you right. Sometimes there are those of us who do not want to manage at all but be invloved in the decisions.

That sounds like me. Thanks.

I currently own a condo in North York by Yonge and Sheppard. The unit breaks even but the current frenzie in that area makes it a worthwhile investment. The current low interest rate is making buyers out of renters, driving up prices and rental vacancies. My current focus is now Barrie as it is closes of the 10 best towns in Ontario to me. Can you give me some advice or gotchas to look out for in Barrie? I`m considering townhomes in good neighbourhoods. I guess that`s everyone`s focus.

Thanks,
Lippman

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Since when is buying one property in a year mean you are a `slow starter`? Dont forget to give yourself a break on what you have done.

Correct me if I`m wrong but I dont remember REIN saying from the stage that they only take on members who buy 10 properties a year. They are there to support YOUR goals in real estate.

Well done to all the first time buyers as I believe it is the hardest one.

JoeRagona

Registered
QUOTE (ltam68 @ Oct 11 2009, 01:56 PM)
That sounds like me. Thanks.

I currently own a condo in North York by Yonge and Sheppard. The unit breaks even but the current frenzie in that area makes it a worthwhile investment. The current low interest rate is making buyers out of renters, driving up prices and rental vacancies. My current focus is now Barrie as it is closes of the 10 best towns in Ontario to me. Can you give me some advice or gotchas to look out for in Barrie? I`m considering townhomes in good neighbourhoods. I guess that`s everyone`s focus.

Thanks,
Lippman

WOW you and I are connected on another level without even knowing...I HAD a condo exactly there as well...I pulled the money out years back because I was not educated enough about investing and to be honest, pure lazy to deal with issues. I recently took that same money sitting in mutual funds, pulled it and just finalized my 4th property in Barrie.

You are on the right track! Good luck my friend. Feel free to contact me to chat if you need to bounce some ideas.

Top Bottom