Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I gave myself a pat in the back

Thembi

Registered
Ok i know this is not a typical success story but in thought i would share coz for me its a step ahead,well i recieved my rein package last week and have been intensely reading,am now on cd 4 of the program and i got my first ever business cards yesterday-whoa.So i was telling a friend at work that i have joined rein and how i think that reading a book about real estate might help her etc etc.This girl boldly told me i was too late,edmonton`s boom is over and i will lose my money.I have never enjoyed lecturing like i did yesterday,i outlined all the fundamentals and reasons why alberta is the best place to invest in the world(off course copying Don`s words as they were from the cd,seminar and books).After 45 minutes of my lecture non stop,one of the doctors approached me and asked if i could help sell his house which has been on the market for 7 months now, and off course i will think about it,i have no sales experience really but i was proud about how much information i know and yes my head was high alday yesterday.Wow i wonder what i will know by the time i finish all my reading material and cd`s.Thanks REIN,i earned a little respect yesterday,time to look at properties now.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Congratulations,

The next 12 months will be filled with people telling you that "Current Market Conditions tell you what the future holds" In reality the only thing that tells us what the future `might` hold are the underlying economics.

Never buy anything that is not going to cash flow, that way when markets take their inevitable breath, you don`t really care because it is the cash flow that provides the freedom.

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
Good for you for sticking to your guns.

I agree with Don however its likely that people will tell you what to do and what you should have done for the rest of your life.

Personally, I dont even bother trying to win them over and just say "Thank You for your insight". This mostly has the effect of making them ask more questions.

greg12

Registered
Very nice story Thembi! I have had similar experiences, but I like to take it one step further and explain that I do Joint Ventures. I think you will too once you finish your studying and buy your first property (assuming you plan to do JVs).

Top Bottom