Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I Need Help

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
Very Demanding (but nice & happy) BossIs Looking for an Administrative Assistant.Experience And Excellence Is Required!
1. Is “Attention to Detail” your strong point?

2. Do you get your kicks wading through piles of paperwork and making sure that every “T” is crossed and every “I” is dotted?

3. Do you naturally and frequently create systems or checklists for frequently recurring tasks in order to not miss a single detail?

4. Do high expectations and a demanding boss bring out the best in you?

5. Are you able to do a better job when the boss leaves you alone so you can “Just Get It Done”?

6. Are you a nit-picky paperwork perfectionist who loves a full outbox at the end of the day?

7. Are you great at dealing with strangers over the phone without getting intimidated?

8. Do you love working as a team, yet are extremely capable of working on your own with minimal supervision?

9. Are you systematic, analytical, careful and complete tasks right the first time?

10. Do you take great pride in everything you do?

If you answered “YES” to all of these of these, and are looking for a great work environment, then I need to speak with you as I am in need of a great support person in my office.

I am a long time real estate investor and have recently become a licensed realtor and I’m being overwhelmed by paperwork and I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Location Requirements:

• Live near South-East Edmonton preferably.

Technology Requirements:

• Can manage: Computer, fax, printer, and scanner.
• Experience with: Simply Accounting
• Proficient with: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and basic web publishing tools ie WordPress.
• Interest and Ability: To learn anything as required.

Bonus:

It would be great if you were licensed (Keep in mind I’m looking for an admin person not for an assistant realtor)

Hours:

Typically Monday – Friday 9:00 til 5:00
• Occasional Extra hours may be required depending on work load and requirements

Compensation

• To be discussed

Experience is a must.

I’ll hire for attitude and train for higher skill but you must have at least five years experience in an administrative role in a professional office setting.

An Eagerness to learn and excel is a must.

If you are up to the challenge please respond with a PM, please include your full name, address, contact details (phone/cell and email address) in addition to your cover letter and resume.

Nir

REIN Member
Hilarious. In the third millennium mentioning "very demanding boss" might not bring you the number of applicants from which you want to choose.

pls try not to use the word boss again for example. cheers.

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
QUOTE (investmart @ Dec 7 2010, 07:40 PM) Hilarious. In the third millennium mentioning "very demanding boss" might not bring you the number of applicants from which you want to choose.

pls try not to use the word boss again for example. cheers.

Is that better?

RedlineBrett

Registered
Hey Wade,

I know you asked for applicants not advice but we`ve hired two admins this year and in my opinion you are better off putting less qualifications on your job description and getting more resumes to look through. Based on what you`re looking for I don`t think even I`d qualify to be your assistant
I would email back those candidates that had 60% or more of what I was looking for and I`d ask them to respond to a pretty general questionaire. On our first we went from 75 resumes down to 5 interviews to 2 second interviews to one fantastic administrator who loves our company and makes my life a lot easier. Just my $0.02!

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
QUOTE (RedlineBrett @ Dec 8 2010, 03:57 PM) Hey Wade,

I know you asked for applicants not advice but we`ve hired two admins this year and in my opinion you are better off putting less qualifications on your job description and getting more resumes to look through. Based on what you`re looking for I don`t think even I`d qualify to be your assistant
I would email back those candidates that had 60% or more of what I was looking for and I`d ask them to respond to a pretty general questionaire. On our first we went from 75 resumes down to 5 interviews to 2 second interviews to one fantastic administrator who loves our company and makes my life a lot easier. Just my $0.02!

Your opinion is well respected but I`m happy to test - set the bar high and see who shows up.

I only need one good applicant.

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Dec 8 2010, 09:11 PM) Your opinion is well respected but I`m happy to test - set the bar high and see who shows up.

I only need one good applicant.

Hi Wade, Brett is correct! If you leave it as it is then even if you get one or two resumes what is the chance they will be very good matches for you?
In other words, how many GOOD applicants will NOT apply due the negative atmosphere implied? GL!

Top Bottom