Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Insurance on a commercial property

sherry

REIN Member
I have an All Risk Insurance Policies on my commercial properties, I pay the premiums and then bill back to my tenants...is it still necasary for my tenants to have the same comprehensive All Risks Policy as well? (we both carry liability insurance) Any feed back is greatly appreciated

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Who owns the TI ? If tenant, then they should get their own too for these improvements and for business interruption, but it is frequently not done. If you, then ensure the coverage is adequate.

sherry

REIN Member
We have several commercial properties some TIs have been done in some of the properties in which we own. One of our properties is a resturaunt; we own the T.Is but the Tenant owns the extensive kitchen contents.... I realise they would require content insurance for themselves and liability insurance, business interuption insurance is a good idea. But would they require the same All Risk Policy(I bill back to them) as what I have? Then they are paying double.

Top Bottom