Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Investing in Bracebridge, ON? Any opinions

mrembecki

Registered
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the possibility of investing in Bracebridge, Ontario. This is the area where the famous Muskoka Lakes reside. What are your opinions about investing in the city of areas that have high tourist demand. The idea being that since waterfront properties in the Muskokas seem to keep appreciating that this will increase the values of the city core (due to increased demand for the area in general). Bracebridge recently received a wal-mart, has a hospital, has a sattelite university campus coming next year ( University of Nipissing) and has a well-to-do senior population. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Marty.

Nir

REIN Member
looks like you`ll be the first. good luck and keep us updated.

jackie

Registered
QUOTE (mrembecki @ Mar 17 2009, 08:46 PM) Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the possibility of investing in Bracebridge, Ontario. This is the area where the famous Muskoka Lakes reside. What are your opinions about investing in the city of areas that have high tourist demand. The idea being that since waterfront properties in the Muskokas seem to keep appreciating that this will increase the values of the city core (due to increased demand for the area in general). Bracebridge recently received a wal-mart, has a hospital, has a sattelite university campus coming next year ( University of Nipissing) and has a well-to-do senior population. Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Marty.

Hi Marty,

I live just north of Muskoka (btw, there`s only one
) and am familiar with the north end of the district. If you`re researching Muskoka towns to invest in, take a look at Huntsville. It`s the largest of the three main Muskoka towns (Bracebridge and Gravenhurst being the other two) and the business community and local government are actively promoting its growth.

In the four+ years we`ve been here, we`ve seen big box stores go in as well as new condos and small housing developments.

There are a lot of wealthy cottage-owners and retirees, but the average Joe living here year-round is likely earning below the provincial average.

Tourism is the main industry, which means lots of seasonal and service jobs. This can make for lots of renters, but not necessarily year-round renters. There are other industries, including some factory-type work and light-industrial. And in the past few years there`s been a real shortage of tradespeople to keep up with the demands of the construction sector, although I don`t know how that is today.

Huntsville will be in the news next year as the host town for the 2010 G8 Summit. There`s a lot happening and the regional powers-that-be are open to change and growth. So that`s a good thing. It`s worth checking out, and even if you don`t end up investing in the area, you can have a great time researching a beautiful little corner of the province.

Let me know if I can help!
Jackie

NorthernAlex

Registered
I am from North Bay, which is another hour away from Huntsville. I am sure that the north will be added more frequent in the next top 10 Ontario regions....

mrembecki

Registered
QUOTE (jackie @ Mar 20 2009, 12:00 PM) Hi Marty,

I live just north of Muskoka (btw, there`s only one
) and am familiar with the north end of the district. If you`re researching Muskoka towns to invest in, take a look at Huntsville. It`s the largest of the three main Muskoka towns (Bracebridge and Gravenhurst being the other two) and the business community and local government are actively promoting its growth.

In the four+ years we`ve been here, we`ve seen big box stores go in as well as new condos and small housing developments.

There are a lot of wealthy cottage-owners and retirees, but the average Joe living here year-round is likely earning below the provincial average.

Tourism is the main industry, which means lots of seasonal and service jobs. This can make for lots of renters, but not necessarily year-round renters. There are other industries, including some factory-type work and light-industrial. And in the past few years there`s been a real shortage of tradespeople to keep up with the demands of the construction sector, although I don`t know how that is today.

Huntsville will be in the news next year as the host town for the 2010 G8 Summit. There`s a lot happening and the regional powers-that-be are open to change and growth. So that`s a good thing. It`s worth checking out, and even if you don`t end up investing in the area, you can have a great time researching a beautiful little corner of the province.

Let me know if I can help!
Jackie

Thanks Kindly to all your posts. Marty.

Top Bottom