Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Investing in Kitchener-Waterloo Real Estate

billkeay

REIN Member
The student housing market has been in a state of flux for several years now. It is a highly competitive market to get into. The landlords that are closer to the Universities, that have kept up with their maintenance issues on the property and have competitive rates will do the best.

At the same time, properties that are closer to the Universities will now command a higher price because of the demand for housing near the Universities.

There are opportunities that exist for REIN members in the area and if anyone is interested please call me at my home office: 519-742-2645.

Regards,

Bill

QUOTE (housingrental @ Oct 12 2007, 05:30 PM) Thanks Bill - Do you have any thoughts on the current or future state of student housing market in Waterloo from either a sales or rental prospective?

JKF

REIN Member
Thanks Bill!

Do you know any excellent property manager available for student housing? I have one for single family home but not for student housing.

Francis

QUOTE (billkeay @ Oct 16 2007, 03:40 PM) The student housing market has been in a state of flux for several years now. It is a highly competitive market to get into. The landlords that are closer to the Universities, that have kept up with their maintenance issues on the property and have competitive rates will do the best.

At the same time, properties that are closer to the Universities will now command a higher price because of the demand for housing near the Universities.

There are opportunities that exist for REIN members in the area and if anyone is interested please call me at my home office: 519-742-2645.

Regards,

Bill

housingrental

Registered
Unfortunately I don`t have Bill`s recommendation but I consider myself an excellent property manager and an expert in student housing in Waterloo
style_emoticons
Let me know if you would like to discuss my services further.

QUOTE (JKF @ Oct 16 2007, 09:27 PM) Thanks Bill!

Do you know any excellent property manager available for student housing? I have one for single family home but not for student housing.

Francis

billkeay

REIN Member
HI there,

The Connestoga area near Doon is an excellent place to invest in! Connestoga college plans to expand in the future and more students will be going there in the future.

Regards,

Bill

QUOTE (mambo @ Oct 14 2007, 02:25 AM) Hi Bill,
Can you also comment for Kitchener, i hear that Connestoga near Don area is a potential due to students and increased expension of the college.

Thank you HousingRental for the question to Bill.

Thank you

billkeay

REIN Member
Hi there,

I don`t know Adam H. but he is a student property manager.

Also, Sean at Waterloo Off Campus Housing specializes only in student housing. His contact information is 519-747-7276 or Thanks Bill!

Francis

ekisielewski

Registered
Hi Bill: In reply to rent being charged; I recently purchased a Condo Townhouse on Fairview/Fairway, Kitchener. The 2 bdrm 1 bath is rented at $ 910 and the 3 bdrm 1 bath at 1000 per month.
Regards
Elisabet

BMironov

Registered
The Record:Condo project wins city`s help (Oct 30, 2007)
http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/262943

QUOTE Giving $4.2 million in public money to help build luxury condominiums is hard for Jack Connell to swallow."Government has no place in such real estate development for private profit," he said last night as council considered plans for a $120-million Waterscape development by the Grand River at Water and Ainslie streets. "How many other developers will want the same considerations for their developments?"
But council stood by its incentives, which encourage developers to foot most of the cost of cleaning up contaminated factory sites, like the former Dobbie textile mill, where 230 condominium units are proposed in two, 12-storey towers.

Coun. Gary Price said if developers don`t do the cleanup, the city would have to.

"In the end that would cost us a lot more in tax dollars than what we are doing right here."

Waterscape developer Paul de Haas said the project would not proceed without the financial help from the city.

Top Bottom