Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is Hamilton Real Estate in a Recovery or end of a Boom?

russpiva

Registered
So I've signed up to pose this question to the experts out there, something I've been working over for the past few months:

I have been studying the Downtown Hamilton market closely now for 5+ years and have some property in the city. I have seen lots of economic and financial trends increase (R.E. values, employment, GDP, rents) signifying that Downtown Hamilton as whole is trending upwards. That being said, other R.E. indicators such as # of days to sell, listings, and overall sales indicate a trend that more closely resembles a region that has overstretched it's values. There are more factors at play, including transportation developments, proximity to other more expensive regions in the GTA, which further complicates the equation.

It appears as though there is a tug of war at play between these two trends. I'm curious to know what you think with regards to Hamilton in 2018 and beyond. Any and all insights are welcome!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
With rising interest rates and higher downpayment requirements due to the new (and rather stupid) OSFI mortgage qualification rules we would see a bit of a pause in real estate values in 2018 I would say. However, since prices are still quite a bit lower than Toronto you might still see upside.

Location, property appeal, access to GoTrain/bus or highway, upgrade status is stats of major components and achievable rent levels all important, of course.

Top Bottom