Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

is this an expense that the tenant should pay?

Ian

Registered
I received my usual monthly statement from my PM company. There was an expense to unplug a bathroom sink. Isn`t this something that the tenant should be paying rather than the owner since, presumably, the tenant caused the plug/blockage in the first place?

Ian

Noel

Registered
QUOTE (Ian @ Apr 21 2009, 01:10 PM) I received my usual monthly statement from my PM company. There was an expense to unplug a bathroom sink. Isn`t this something that the tenant should be paying rather than the owner since, presumably, the tenant caused the plug/blockage in the first place?

Ian

I would think your tenant would take care of this.
I would also think your property management company would have recommnded Draino before sending someone in.

I`d recommend looking into this a little further for your own piece of mind.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (Ian @ Apr 21 2009, 02:10 PM) I received my usual monthly statement from my PM company. There was an expense to unplug a bathroom sink. Isn`t this something that the tenant should be paying rather than the owner since, presumably, the tenant caused the plug/blockage in the first place?

Ian
depends on contract .. and severity of issue .. usually the OWNER pays as he owns the sink/plumbing .. but common sense should prevail between the PM and tenant ..

Also: don`t major in minors .. your (only !!) two roles are to find more assets to buy and more investors .. not questioning every $50 bill by the PM !!

many a $50 bill has been found while forgoing the pursuit of $10,000 equity stakes.

Ian

Registered
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Apr 21 2009, 01:51 PM) depends on contract .. and severity of issue .. usually the OWNER pays as he owns the sink/plumbing .. but common sense should prevail between the PM and tenant ..

Also: don`t major in minors .. your (only !!) two roles are to find more assets to buy and more investors .. not questioning every $50 bill by the PM !!

many a $50 bill has been found while forgoing the pursuit of $10,000 equity stakes.

Great advice and well said!! Point taken.
thanks for you time.

Ian

Top Bottom