Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is this form still Legit?

Berubeland

Registered
You might not want to use it. Just ask yourself what if the form asked what color the applicant was?

There have been very few completed discrimination suits against landlord but for the sake of a form, might as well change it a bit.

housingrental

Registered
Contact the GTAA and purchase their rental application / lease documents
Use them

Nir

REIN Member
Thanks Adam and Berubeland,

I use a different form too. was just surprised to see the age question in a standard form. maybe the lesson is if it is ok to include it in the form,
then for sure we can ask the question verbally over the phone when interviewing an applicant(?)

N.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Why wouldn`t you be able to ask someone`s age? You need to be able to determine if they are an adult or not. Isn`t birth date just basic identity info? It`s not like you`re asking if they are circumcised or who they voted for.

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (investmart @ Oct 4 2010, 10:29 PM) Hi All,

Is this form asking about the age of all applicants still legit?

http://www.thesuitespot.net/RentalApp.doc

Obviously, not accepting someone based on his/her age is illegal. but I guess asking the question/age is not.

TX,
N.

Asking the birthdate of a tenant is for checking credit and is necessary.

invst4profit

Registered
My application asks date of birth.
It is simply one more piece of info used, as stated, to complete credit search. Applicants have the right to refuse to fill in any part of the application they do not feel comfortable with.
Unfortunately for them I do not feel comfortable renting to anyone that does not completely fill out my application form.

Nir

REIN Member
QUOTE (invst4profit @ Oct 5 2010, 07:37 PM) Applicants have the right to refuse to fill in any part of the application they do not feel comfortable with.
Unfortunately for them I do not feel comfortable renting to anyone that does not completely fill out my application form.
nice one

Top Bottom