Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jared Hopes New Utility Agreement

KeithnCalgary

Mortgage Associate & REIA
REIN Member
During Jared's presentation tonight it was stated that his new utility agreement was available on MyRein Space. I cannot locate it as the ones that are in the forms section are from 2009.

Thank you for the help.

Keith Uthe

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
Hi...I was just curious if this was run past an Ontario Paralegal or Lawyer? It's my understanding that any default of utilities is not covered in the LTB and would be small claims (so how could $ be recoverable otherwise). Also, with this Schedule, is it being suggested that N5 - Notice to Terminate Tenancy Early? If this is the case then section 2 would have to be used; the tenant would have time to stop that activity if first offence. If second offence within 6 months - tenant doesn't have to move out and goes in front of Tribunal.

Just trying to be clear as the Tribunal is very tricky in what they can or can't Govern. Want to make sure this is applicable and enforceable.

jphillips

Registered
Jared's utilities agreement was discussed in further detail in Sunday's Mastermind group at ACRE. My take away from it was that the utility agreement is enforceable in Alberta, however would not hold it's ground in Ontario. What was suggested was this agreement could be used with A-B type tenants where the chances of default are low. If you are renting to a C type tenant including the utilities in the rent is the better way to go.

Jeff

Top Bottom