Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just To Clarify

GSI

REIN Member
I have an Mac OS x Tiger with a power pc processor. To install REMA on my mac I would need to
either:
1. Install Leopard to use the bootcamp application - bootcamp is no long free to download alone.
2. Install Wine run it on windows emulation
3. Install parallels

When I downloaded both wine and parrallels I couldn`t get the .dmg file to open. This may be a silly question but I do I need to install the windows system on my mac to run REMA on it. So I would have to buy Windows then download wine or parallels startup the windows and then install REMA?

Thanks,
Danielle

JKF

REIN Member
Hello Danielle!

I would recommand parallels if you are planning to use REMA or other Windows applications on a regular basis. With Bootcamp, you have to reboot in Windows. With Parallels, you can switch from MAC to Windows to MAC as much as you want... You don't have to buy Leopard to install Parallels. It will actually work better on an older version
<

I think the version of Paralells I bought came with Windows XP... but you will have to do some research on their Website :
I have an Mac OS x Tiger with a power pc processor. To install REMA on my mac I would need to

either:

1. Install Leopard to use the bootcamp application - bootcamp is no long free to download alone.

2. Install Wine run it on windows emulation

3. Install parallels

When I downloaded both wine and parrallels I couldn't get the .dmg file to open. This may be a silly question but I do I need to install the windows system on my mac to run REMA on it. So I would have to buy Windows then download wine or parallels startup the windows and then install REMA?

Thanks,

Danielle

GSI

REIN Member
Hi Francis,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you!
Thank you for your great and comprehensive reply; I completely understand the combinations available to me.
From the looks of it Parallels seems to be the best for me. I will check it out later.

Have A Great Weekend,
Danielle

R

RussellWestcott

WOW, you Mac users are really scaring me. I was thinking about looking into buy a Mac in the future, but it looks like I have to learn a whole new language, and spend many years to learn how to use it
style_emoticons

I`m sure this post we cause some `passionate responses` from the Mac community
style_emoticons
LOL.

Cheers,

JKF

REIN Member
Hello Russel!

It sure takes some time to get use to it but it is worth it.
<
BUT, you will need either Parallels or VMWARE to install Windows and REMA
<
and other Windows software... If you thing about it... you can have a MAC and Windows for the price of one PC...

Good Luck...

P.S.: Danielle, you may want to consider VMWARE
WOW, you Mac users are really scaring me. I was thinking about looking into buy a Mac in the future, but it looks like I have to learn a whole new language, and spend many years to learn how to use it
<

I'm sure this post we cause some 'passionate responses' from the Mac community
<
LOL.

Cheers,

R

RussellWestcott

Ah yes 2-4-1. I like it.

Now if we (when I say we, I mean, our computer IT provider) can find a way for a lone Mac to seamlessly integrate with our network, and all the PCs.

JKF

REIN Member
Absolutely!

At work, we have three MACs and about 15 PCs with our network. They all work well with servers, printers, etc. We have two Windows 2003 and one Linux servers... As mentioned, it will certainly take some time for you and your technician to get use to it but...

After all, it's a little bit like Real Estate... You just need a good system (good planification), relationship (good team) and follow through (maintain and fix things before they become a big problem)
<

Francis

QUOTE (RussellWestcott @ Nov 8 2007, 06:15 PM)
Ah yes 2-4-1. I like it.

Now if we (when I say we, I mean, our computer IT provider) can find a way for a lone Mac to seamlessly integrate with our network, and all the PCs.

Top Bottom