Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keystone XL Pipeline Infographic

REINteam

Registered
The Keystone XL Pipeline has been a huge topic of discussion for environmentalists, investors, residents of the areas affected and everything in between. No matter which group you belong to, this infographic created by Visual Capitalist is a great way to get the low-down on what's behind the proposal and what it would take to go forward. Take a look and then let's hear your thoughts:

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/portfolio/the-keystone-xl-pipeline-a-crash-course-infographic

bizaro86

Registered
Interesting, thanks for posting. One comment that didn't make sense to me was the second of their three solutions. Oil from Alberta is landlocked, so we get a big discount when it's sold, which is a problem. Solutions 1) and 3) get the oil to the world markets, and removes the discount. Their second potential solution is to refine the oil in Alberta. Which is all well and good, but I don't see how that solves the problem.

Instead of having a glut of crude oil in the midwest, we'd have a glut of refined products in Alberta. Since we still wouldn't have a way to export our fancy new refined products, I don't see how we'd be any better off.

TonyMandrique

Registered
Very informative and valuable post!!! Thanks Madison.

IMO: Build refineries in our own backyard and shift refined products through pipelines to Canada's East and West Coasts. If this happens, Canada will gain more jobs, high economic growth and have cheaper gas at the pumps. This will be great news to Canadians!!!

Top Bottom