Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kitchener Property Managment - warning!

Yev

Registered
Hi all,

I wanted to share my experiences with my (previous) property manager - Sandra Thornton from SanThorn rental agency/Litehouse services.

First a warning - don`t use her!

I hired her based on a recomendation (before joining REIN and learning what questions to ask of the team members) from a second hand source. The contract that I signed had her get paid the standard monthly amount regardless of how much (or how little) work she did in attempting to fill vacancies in my properties. I was amazed that despite asking average market prices, and having renovated them - they were simply not renting. I was doing advertising, and promoting the units and we had lots of interest but the qualified tenants would simply not rent!!! Then my wife, while on a trip to Kitchener had a chance to meet Sandra - my wife advised me to let her go, but I thought I would give her more chances. Rents would always be deposited late, and tenants rarely got issued N4, and the properties were never managed to the standards that I was hoping to achieve.

As a final straw, after giving her proper 30 day notice that I will not be using her services, she did not deposit over half of the rent cheques for August into my account, claiming that she is on holidays and unable to get to a bank until the end of the month!!!

If you want more info (that I probably should not post on the web) please PM me and I`ll give you lots of other reasons to not use her.

Lesson learned!

Yevgeni

jkipfer

Registered
I'll second that vote of non confidence. We had a brand new condo sit empty for months while she couldn't rent it. As soon as we got a new property manager, it was rented immediately at a higher rent than Sandra was asking. Unfortunately, the new property manager had a nervous break down a year later. 3 years later, I'm still looking for a good management company in K-W Cambridge!

Jason

TrishKWProperties

Registered
I am sorry to hear of all your bad experiences! As you will notice I own K-W Property Management. I am always up for a chat regarding your properties and offer any advice!

Vishal

Registered
Trish manages my properties and I second that she is great as a PM!

housingrental

Registered
Yevgeni transitioned a few years ago to a different firm that he is happy with

[quote user=TrishKWProperties]I am sorry to hear of all your bad experiences! As you will notice I own K-W Property Management. I am always up for a chat regarding your properties and offer any advice!

garyZ

Registered
Hi all,

I am a newbie here. Just found out Yev's old post here. I am under exactly the same situation as he did a couple of year ago.

Need some advice how to switch from the current PM to a more "responsible" PM.

Thanks!

Yev

Registered
I use Roxane from Ssuite property managment: www.ssuite.ca and am very happy with her.

Good luck.

Yevgeni

housingrental

Registered
Gary - You should give me an email and then hire me and then pay me money

This will help you get to a more responsible PM

Yev - I have lost your email. Please give me an email.

[quote user=garyZ]Hi all,

I am a newbie here. Just found out Yev's old post here. I am under exactly the same situation as he did a couple of year ago.

Need some advice how to switch from the current PM to a more "responsible" PM.

Thanks!

garyZ

Registered
Hi Adam,

If you are serious then yes. You will be mine PM, or a headhunter for PM?

Gary

housingrental

Registered
Sure Gary give me an email through my website or at

r

e

n

t

@

h

o

f

f

a

c

o

c

o

m

[quote user=garyZ]Hi Adam,

If you are serious then yes. You will be mine PM, or a headhunter for PM?

Gary

Top Bottom