Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Landlord Personally Requires Unit

lstroeder

Registered
I am planning on moving back into a condo that I am currently renting out.

As the owner I am required to give my tenant 60 days written notice.

I'm looking for a sample document to use to give this notice but cannot find one.

If anyone can send me in the right direction it will be appreciated.

Thanks

kfort

Registered
I believe SK has a similar law and has a sample document. Google "sask tenancy sample forms" or similar. You could probably use a standard 'landlord notice to vacate' type form and explain further in the 'reason' section. Hope this helps!

Kris

TylerUzelman

REIN Member
Where is the property located you are wanting to move back into? That will determine what form to use.

If it is in Alberta, does the tenant have a fixed term lease or a monthly periodic lease? If it is a fixed term, you can not give notice, the tenant has the right to stay there until the end of the term. If it a monthly periodic, you must give a 90 day notice.

Otherwise, if you are good terms with the tenant, you can ask them to move out in exchange for an incentive.

lstroeder

Registered
The property is in Toronto. I need to provide 60 days written notice. It is currently a month to month lease.

Thanks

invst4profit

Registered
Go the the Ontario Landlord Tenant Board web site and under "notice of termination" you will find the N12.

This is the order to vacate for the personal use of the residence by the owner.

http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/index.htm

Top Bottom