Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for a Business Broker in Ontario

InvestagainInc

Registered
Hi there!

I am looking for a business brokerage in Ontario that can help me find a property management portfolio to purchase.

Please let me know if you know of anyone that has a brokerage or a property management business they might be looking to sell.

Thanks!

Nir

REIN Member
Hey Adam, maybe sell him yours, sounds like you had enough. . just joking! :)

InvestagainInc

Registered
QUOTE (InvestagainInc @ Feb 8 2009, 06:16 PM) Hi there!

I am looking for a business brokerage in Ontario that can help me find a property management portfolio to purchase.

Please let me know if you know of anyone that has a brokerage or a property management business they might be looking to sell.

Thanks!

Hi Adam,

Great question. It all depends on the business and there are no standard valuations; however there are a few things that I would look at:

• Financials (BS and IS) for the last three years (if available)
  • Goodwill
  • Existing ContractsCurrent and potential service offeringsOverheadProfitability
Please let me know if you want to chat more about this on the phone.

Regards,
Scott

housingrental

Registered
I like this idea
I`d like to have a full time rental agency

QUOTE (investmart @ Feb 8 2009, 11:55 PM) Hey Adam, maybe sell him yours, sounds like you had enough. . just joking! :)

housingrental

Registered
Thanks Scott
I run an unsuccessful property management company
Most likely the major failure has revolved around I have no experience or training in property management, running a business, or client service (like none, I never worked as a property manager before running a pm company, and have never taken any pm courses)
and people naturally dislike me
What is BS and IS ?
The current incarnation was just incorporated in April 2008 and I didn`t even switch over most of my chequing to it until recently...
Is my company worth anything?

QUOTE (InvestagainInc @ Feb 9 2009, 10:43 AM) Hi Adam,

Great question. It all depends on the business and there are no standard valuations; however there are a few things that I would look at:

• Financials (BS and IS) for the last three years (if available)
  • Goodwill
  • Existing ContractsCurrent and potential service offeringsOverheadProfitability
Please let me know if you want to chat more about this on the phone.

Regards,
Scott

asifghayoor

Registered
I think BS is balance sheet and IS is income statement.

Asif

QUOTE (housingrental @ Feb 9 2009, 11:19 PM) Thanks Scott
Most likely the major failure has revolved around I have no experience or training in property management, running a business, or client service (like none, I never worked as a property manager before running a pm company, and have never taken any pm courses)
What is BS and IS ?
The current incarnation was just incorporated in April 2008 and I didn`t even switch over most of my chequing to it until recently...

dplummer

Registered
I do know of a Property Management co. for sale. It`s in the Collingwood area. Is this too far north from Toronto for you?

Doug

housingrental

Registered
Thanks Asif I should have caught that

QUOTE (asifghayoor @ Feb 10 2009, 01:03 PM) I think BS is balance sheet and IS is income statement.

Asif

InvestagainInc

Registered
QUOTE (dplummer @ Feb 10 2009, 02:35 PM) I do know of a Property Management co. for sale. It`s in the Collingwood area. Is this too far north from Toronto for you?

Doug

Doug,

Yes I am interested. Please feel free to email or call me when you have a minute to discuss further.

Regards,

InvestagainInc

Registered
QUOTE (housingrental @ Feb 9 2009, 11:19 PM) Thanks Scott
What is BS and IS ?

Adam,

Please feel free to email or call me to discuss your business if interested. Your business value is determined by the factors I listed and more. Happy to talk with you about it.

Regards,

Top Bottom