Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for good FSBO sites to browse in KWC

MatPiche

Registered
Hey guys, just wondering which websites you or your "ants" use for FSBO browsing. I find the obvious ones do not really have what I am looking for such as "property guys" and "comfree". Hope to hear some good hidden gems! Thanks guys!

Alvaro Sanchez

Ottawa-Gatineau Investor
Registered
Whatever FSBO site you find, please look for RSS feeds options and subscribe them to your reader. Someone posted this information here somewhere (I could not find original posting) but now, I just go to my reader (in google) and basically search my subscriptions (FSBO sites) in one place with a benefit of having history as well for rents/sales.

I pull information from craiglist, kijiji, homespoint2, grapevine, usedottawa, usedgatineau, etc. in one place. I also post my own ads such "I buy houses cash" or "investor with cash".

GaryMcGowan

Registered
You will find that across the board. You need to be hitting the streets and knocking on targeted doors. This is where we have had our best success. One of the main reasons for posting on FSBO sites is because there is a strong Real Estate Market. The stronger the market the more FSBOs. Most homes are on the market for 40 days or less in my area of York Region. We just sold one in 5 days.

It is a hot sellers market, so what are you going to do to stand out from the crowd?

MatPiche

Registered
Thanks so much for the feedback guys! Truly appreciated. And Gary, I think your right. Going right to the source in person is the way to go rather than sitting and waiting for calls. Thanks again guys!

housingrental

Registered
I've followed Kijiji, bytheowner (com free now), propertyguys, and one other site that name esacpes me currently with lots of time in on it

Over the years I've done a few purchases and had clients do many more. I've yet to see A SINGLE ONE get done come available from those sites I listed above - which as far as I can guess likely make up over 90% of the FSBO online listings in KWC

In many years of following those websites I've seen only 2 potential deals really worth examining further - fixer uppers discounted with potential to reno.... maybe slight discount from market value as is from no realtor fees....

I have been able to purchase one property through a for sale sign on the lawn put out by the owner that had no listing online - my own personal residence - and have seen clients been able to get reasonable transactions done privately through word of mouth and with neighbour properties...

If you do not have will to dedicate lots of time and money to sourcing purchases (other than investment focused realtor as buying agent which is the best way to go) the best path is:

phoning owners of targetted investment properties / knocking on doors / dropping notes in mailbox of selected properties / driving around target neighbourhood in spring looking for sale signs non realtor + phoning all non realtor for sale signs you come across from time to time are

After that it's trying out some of the more involved lead generating ways that require some $$ and some TIME

MatPiche

Registered
Thanks for the words of wisdom Adam! I am now working with my realtor to help find some real opportunities that I don't have access to or first look. I am hopeful and would agree this seems to be the way to go besides knocking on doors and so on. Thanks guys!

qdsouza

REIN Member
Last two purchases this year that we made were from leads that came from Kijiji and Craigslist. This is for the Durham region and not KWC. Where the sellers are motivated and didn't post on paid FSBO sites.

Take Care,

Quentin

Top Bottom