Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Low commission Realtors versus traditional

SPeever

Registered
Hello:

I am interested in all opinions/experiences regarding discount realtor services versus traditional realtor services with respect to buying and selling.

What do you see as the future regarding real estate commissions in places like BC?

Thank you.

ChristinaCatana

Ontario Realtor of the Year
REIN Member
Some realtors offer a service for a flat-fee that gives an MLS listing and allows sellers to do the work themselves. This can work well for sellers who have some experience with selling houses.

But I often see sellers do this and under-sell their homes. Often their marketing is weak and they don't offer commissions to encourage realtors to bring buyers. It takes them longer to sell because they don't generate enough showings... they don't create interest fast enough to get multiple offers and drive prices over asking.

I'm in Toronto and many houses sell over asking. Everyone with internet access can see the price a house is listed at, but realtors have access to see what houses sell for.

*** If you're selling a house you MUST do research and find the prices that MANY houses in the area have SOLD for.***

I see many "Do-it-yourselfers" selling under asking at low prices. In the same neighbourhood a professional salesperson will sell much higher for full asking or higher. I assume these DIY sellers are looking at list prices and they don't realize that many houses are selling much higher than list.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=SPeever]

What do you see as the future regarding real estate commissions in places like BC?

It is a competitive field.

You pay peanuts, you get moneys.

Top Bottom