Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Melamine Paint/Oil Base

RebeccaBryan

Registered
I was just listening to the January Workshop Tapes and Katherine mentioned she painted bathroom countertops to buy time before having to change them entirely in one of her properties. I must say I agree with that tip!

I painted a kitchen countertop and backsplash and a bathroom countertop with a faux finish look mixing two neutral browns together two years ago. I just got notice that the tenants are leaving and was in measuring for new carpet and assessing damages. The cupboards stood up amazingly well! And beleive me they were put to the test!! These tenants were extremely abusive to the property. A once freshly painted two years ago property, now looks like it entirely needs to be redone. Along with the holes in the walls and the damage to the dog chewed doors there are many other disapointments.

Last year I raised their rent from $1550 to $2400, because I was trying to get rid of them. I figured I could tolerate them if they stayed and I was cashflowing $1100. (It didn`t end up in the paper either!!)

Anyway, I`m glad to get rid of them. I`m feeling sorry for their next landlord. I did warn them fairly.

My point here though was, the amazing Melamine paint job I did that held up to all of the abuse!!!

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Hi Rebecca,

My father-in-law is a painter/decorator and told me that painting Melamine on countertops would work, but I didn`t believe him. Thank you for the great tip. Looks like it really works well. I guess I`ll have to admit he was right.

style_emoticons

Carla

NancySwanby

Registered
will it work on marble countertops. I need to replace the marble sink and backsplash and hate to spend money that I can avoid. Also any ideas on a floor of one inch tiles in pink. Shower, toilet, and tub has been upgraded but I am running out of money. ANy ideas? Anyone?

RebeccaBryan

Registered
I don`t know if it would work but if the sink is really bad and you have to change it out, it would be worth a try. My countertops worked out fantastic. Note: I didn`t do a sink though.

Top Bottom