Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLS listing without a real estate agent?

snowbird

REIN Member
I heard you can list your property on MLS without using an agent. Has anyone ever done this? Or do most people who sell privately just advertise outside of MLS?
thx, Jeff

invst4profit

Registered
To my knowledge you can not list on MLS without going through an agency.
Selling privately is usually disappointing unless you are in the lower end of the market.

PaulPoulsen

Registered
I think I remember a realtor in Edmonton a few years ago that would act as your agent in a standard client/agent relationship but for a flat fee he`d list your property on MLS and include your contact info. It was basically FSBO on MLS.

My understanding is that the EREB (or whatever they`re called now) came down like a ton of bricks on him.

The middle ground seems to be realtors offering to sell your property for a flat fee of 2% across the board.

RedlineBrett

Registered
MLS is run by CREA - the Canadian Real Estate Association.

CREA gets funded by yearly dues from it`s members - namely real estate agents.

So no, you definitely cannot list your property on MLS without an agent. You might have come across a super discounted flat rate option - which has it`s costs and benefits - but there will be a broker behind any listing you see on realtor.ca.

tahani

REIN Member
You must have an agent to post your listing on MLS. this is a service that we brokers offer to our clients but only if its under a contract, listing agreement.

tahani

lilbuffet

Registered
welist.com is a place where you dont have to go through real estate agents

PaulPoulsen

Registered
I found the business card I had from way back.

National Home Registry in Edmonton used to offer to list your home on MLS for $495 and allowed you to keep your "For Sale By Owner" status.

The website and phone numbers on the card are no longer in service but a Google search might turn up some more details.

Rav

Registered
www.realtysellers.ca

These guys will list it for free on the mls but beware!

Rav Toor

www.ravtoor.com

solsen

Registered
PropertyGuys.com offers to list on MLS... they provide tools, coaching to sell the house yourself, WITH a listing on MLS for under $900 in most cases.

I just listed my acreage near Okotoks with them.

Sherri Olsen

[email protected]

Rav

Registered
Well, most people are going to need even a pinch of help, that being said it turns from being free to be .5%, that's all........why would any realtor list for free on the mls when they are liable for many things.....

ravtoor.com

Rav

Registered
above - responding to "beware of what" from the boomer, still getting used to this posting stuff!

rav toor

Top Bottom