Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Moose Jaw, yes or no and why?

Bruffell

Registered
Hi, I heard Moose Jaw might be a good place to look at investing. I was looking for some feedback as to whether this is true and if so why? What are some neighbourhoods I should be looking at and any developments coming that will add value?

Goodstuff

Registered
QUOTE (Bruffell @ Aug 19 2009, 09:18 AM) Hi, I heard Moose Jaw might be a good place to look at investing. I was looking for some feedback as to whether this is true and if so why? What are some neighbourhoods I should be looking at and any developments coming that will add value?

Moose Jaw was a great investment 5 years ago. You could buy a nice 1200 sq ft house for $50,000. Now it`s two or three times that. You`re a bit late. Unless agricultural commodities take off from here I don`t see a whole lot of growth. Saskatoon might be better because of the uranium and potash.

Anyone else have some thoughts?

DOZAH

Registered
I`m heavily invested in Saskatoon but don`t know too much about Moose Jaw.

Bruffell

Registered
Well it has a really low vacancy rate of around 0.6%. Housing prices jumped 30% in 07 and another 30% in 08. They`re up about 2% this year. Starts were up 25% this year while they`ve dropped everywhere else. I missed the price boom but avg price is affordable at around $180,000. There`s an SAIT campus. A lot of in-migration from Alberta. Apparently it`s not as exposed to the resource sector as some other regions so it`s not as affected by the downturn.

Top Bottom