Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My `BIG FAT LIE`

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
Hi Everyone;

Wow, what an excellent weekend we all had who just left the REIN ALIFE weekend. I`ve been a REIN member for a couple years now and have had some measure of success compared to where I was when I began investing, but this weekend really made me open my eyes to something a whole lot bigger. For me, it`s come down to realizing that my BIG FAT LIE has kept me from developing the confidence I need to realize my full potential.

So, here it is for everyone to see - my BIG FAT LIE is constantly telling myself that I`m `just too busy` to take care of a lot of the things in my personal life that are drastically important. Specifically, I`ve been telling myself for the past few years that `I`m too busy` to eat right and train in the gym, and as a result I`ve gained a full 100 lbs due to lack of physical activity and probably over eating as a stress release mechanism. I`ve been `too busy` to stay in close contact and to BE PRESENT with my closest family probably the majority of the time even though I love them all dearly.

There are other things, but these are two things that I have decided that will absolutely stop right now. You see, I used to be a pretty active powerlifter (495 lb bench press, 700 lb deadlift and 500 lb squat at 18 years old!) and now I am embarassed to have people that used to know me see me now. I used to live in Ontario before moving to BC and people wouldn`t recognize me in the state that I`m in now back home. This change affects every aspect of my life - my confidence is cut short, I don`t like the way I look, feel, have low energy - and I`m sick of it.

My next change will be to actually invest time with my family instead of regarding it as `wasting` time. When I heard Mr. Francey talk about this - especially about being present, it really hit me inside and I understood then what I had unintentionally been doing.

SO - I wasn`t able to find a DO partner like Steffany talked about and I wanted to use this forum to pubically state what I want to do and hopefully get some contacts to keep me responsible and `on the hook` for this - because I am absolutely committed to changing this NOW, and to just forget the BIG FAT LIE with the TRUTH.

I am committed to losing 80 lbs in the next 12 months. I`ve just finished completing a new personal home gym (set up really nice!) and have absolutely no excuses this time around not to follow through. I will enter into a local bodybuilding competition and finish within the top 5 next June.

If I can finally overcome this hurdle and `get over it` as Don would say with this obstacle in my life, it would just bring so many gifts into my life, as well as my family and my beautiful 22 month old daughter that deserves her Daddy to be confident, vibrant and full of energy...and I owe all this to her and more...

So - I am starting RIGHT NOW!

What my intention here is hopefully that another REIN member will enter into a journey with me (whatever BIG FAT LIE you have) to overcome whatever obstacle is stopping them, and allow me to `keep them on the hook` and accountable.

Better yet if MORE than one REIN member will jump into a journey with me!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend;

Best Wishes;

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Wow MITCH!!

Thank you so much for sharing that!! You can`t change unless you acknowledge your issues and you`ve certainly done that.

Congratulations on taking those small steps toward your goal.

To be continued........ I`m going to join the thread with all of my big fat lies, of which there are many!!

steffanyh

REIN Member
Mitch and Rebecca (and anyone else who cares to join the thread)

You are definitely not alone. Since ALIFE weekend I have received dozens of e-mails from members who are sharing their BFL break throughs.

Sharing a BFL can be a powerful experience, however just getting to it and telling `yourself` the truth is a powerful step in moving through your barriers.

The hardest work of your Champions Journey will be the work you do within yourself. Being willing to look inside and have the courage to tell yourself the truth of what is in the way of achieving your podium is `seldom easy` but a necassary step to take. Making the commitment to change and taking the next steps to follow through is almost `always hard`
...until of course, it`s not.

I`ll be sure to watch this thread and offer any guidance that I can.

Nice work to all!

Best

Steffany Hanlen
www.championseminars.com

Allie

Registered
Mitch, thanks for sharing. In the past few months, I`ve put on 10% of my body weight and feel crummy about it as well. I would eat a whole pack of chocolate covered wafers at a time. I`ve sat at your table once and was touched by your friendliness and great attitude. I didn`t notice any lack of confidence and for all it`s worth, I thought you were a pretty cool guy. The best of luck on your journey.
A huge thank you to the dynamic duo, the now famous Steffany and her husband
You two brought my REIN experience to a higher level.

Rebecca, thanks for speaking on the panel. I admired your poise and the way you presented your ideas. It`s inspiring to see such fine examples of successful and genuine professionals.

Allie

Registered
My "Big Fat Lie" which I know is intellectually untrue but sometimes feels real nonetheless is: Because I had a sad childhood (chased around and beaten-even harder if I cried from pain, grew up poor, told I was no good by my mother, locked up until I left at 18 etc ) I find it easier to be an introvert because socializing past the small talk phase always seems to lead to discussing one`s family and such. I tell myself that I don`t like to lie about stuff so it`s just easier to avoid conversations. I also tell myself that since I`m moving forward, not backwards, I don`t want to get in situations where I would have to discuss unpleasant topics from fear of being judged or treated differently because of my unconventional family so when I`m under stress from things like work, I would rather not develop any friendships. I`m not sure the next one is a lie but I`ll post it anyway: I feel that everyone else around me had more opportunities to find out who they are and express themselves as a person, and since I`m only beginning to develop my own character and get to know myself, I wouldn`t even begin to know what to say if someone were to ask me to tell them about myself. In a way, it feels like I have no roots.

This is my first time writing about this. I`ll try almost anything once so I thought I`d try being vulnerable and see if this process feels cathartic.

As a step in the right direction, I will make contact with four friends, whose emails and phone calls I "haven`t gotten around to answering" in months because I was "exhausted" from the work on my new property.

Mitch Collins

Inspired Forum Member
REIN Member
QUOTE (MatzoB @ Jun 30 2009, 09:55 PM) My "Big Fat Lie" which I know is intellectually untrue but sometimes feels real nonetheless is: Because I had a sad childhood (chased around and beaten-even harder if I cried from pain, grew up poor, told I was no good by my mother, locked up until I left at 18 etc ) I find it easier to be an introvert because socializing past the small talk phase always seems to lead to discussing one`s family and such. I tell myself that I don`t like to lie about stuff so it`s just easier to avoid conversations. I also tell myself that since I`m moving forward, not backwards, I don`t want to get in situations where I would have to discuss unpleasant topics from fear of being judged or treated differently because of my unconventional family so when I`m under stress from things like work, I would rather not develop any friendships. I`m not sure the next one is a lie but I`ll post it anyway: I feel that everyone else around me had more opportunities to find out who they are and express themselves as a person, and since I`m only beginning to develop my own character and get to know myself, I wouldn`t even begin to know what to say if someone were to ask me to tell them about myself. In a way, it feels like I have no roots.

This is my first time writing about this. I`ll try almost anything once so I thought I`d try being vulnerable and see if this process feels cathartic.

As a step in the right direction, I will make contact with four friends, whose emails and phone calls I "haven`t gotten around to answering" in months because I was "exhausted" from the work on my new property.

Congratulations MatzoB!

Thanks for sharing what your BFL is, and I am here to support you in any way that I can as well. But let me say one thing - your background is what it is, and look at what you`ve become after all!

I`ll be in touch over PMs..

Warm Regards;

pjrein

Registered
Wow sure seems like it was a powerful weekend, now I`m gutted I was in France and missed it!!

Patrick

Staff member
REIN Member
QUOTE (pjrein @ Jul 3 2009, 07:36 AM) Wow sure seems like it was a powerful weekend, now I`m gutted I was in France and missed it!!

You will have the opportunity to attend the A.L.I.F.E weekend in Ontario at the beginning of October. Ray will be posting all of the details very shortly... also watch for detailed announcements in your in-box.

Start to plan your calendar now...you definitely do not want to miss this event!

jessebowness

Registered
Awesome that you guys are stepping up to deal with your BFLs.It`s a fantastic feeling to overcome challenges!
Here`s something I like to think about when things get tough...immortal words from Ferris Bueller

"Deal with your fear. Believe in yourself.
Your current situation doesn`t have to be your fate. There`s always another way
."

Top Bottom