Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My house buying web site

JimWhitelaw

Registered
I have my house buying website up and running and I`d appreciate some critical input on it. You can see it here:

http://MrHouseBuyer.ca

I tried to keep it simple and to the point. I`m mostly using online advertising to drive traffic to it (After I`ve had more time to run the ad campaigns, I`ll do a write up on what`s working and not). My idea is that in addition to FSBO & letter campaigns, I want an online-only source of leads. Time and cost is minimal. All of my online ads link directly to the home page.

What do you folks think?

MonteDobson

Registered
QUOTE (JimWhitelaw @ Oct 25 2009, 09:54 PM) I have my house buying website up and running and I`d appreciate some critical input on it. You can see it here:

http://MrHouseBuyer.ca

I tried to keep it simple and to the point. I`m mostly using online advertising to drive traffic to it (After I`ve had more time to run the ad campaigns, I`ll do a write up on what`s working and not). My idea is that in addition to FSBO & letter campaigns, I want an online-only source of leads. Time and cost is minimal. All of my online ads link directly to the home page.

What do you folks think?
Hi Jim,

I like the simple layout, colors and text. One thing that jumped out right away was you slogan "When you buy as many houses as I do, they call you MISTER". While I think it is very catchy, if I were a homeowner in distress wanting to sell my home, I`d run the other way...sounds too cocky to me.

To me this business must answer the simple questions: "what`s in it for them?" or "How can I help you", not how buying their house benefits you.

My 2 cents...

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Thanks Monte, I`m glad you brought up the slogan - I was wondering about that myself. You`re right, it`s too cocky. I`ve changed it to specify the benefit to the customer and not be so braggy.

gwasser

Registered
Looks great! Still at browser status bar reports some problems. When I followed, it reported the following:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; AskTB5.2)
Timestamp: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:33:29 UTC

Line: 2
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://mrhousebuyer.ca/wp-content/plugins/...rms/mm-forms.js

Its all latin to me but maybe not to you. Hope this helps

tbarcier

Registered
Error with Java script. Looking at the script it looks like a problem with your Google Analytics plugin.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Thanks for pointing out the javascript error. I wasn`t seeing it in Firefox, it`s IE only. Seems to be a conflict with my forms plugin and wordpress theme. Working on it...

tbarcier

Registered
have fun! I like the site otherwise, clean and simple. So many sites these days are so full of garbage it hurts the eyes.

greg12

Registered
Visited today. My Antivirus popped up with a "JS/TrojanDownloader.Agent.NRL Trojan. Connection was terminated" message. Using Firefox.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Thanks for the advisory on the virus problem. I had a few of my sites compromised and they were a real pain to clean up, but it`s done now. It`s safe once again!

Top Bottom