Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Shut Up Cheque Just Became Someone Elses....

CarrieKoch

Registered
So when Dan and I were in Edmonton with Ron LeGrand we kept thinking about our neighbors house. We had found out that the lady needed to sell her rental property as her son "needed" to take her cash and move out to Alberta for greener pastures.

So we did the math in our head and offered $125,000. The agent balked and we came back at $135,000 final offer. This is where we screwed up. We did it in email and didn`t put it on paper as we thought it was so ridiculous who goes around low-balling offers.

The agent then emailed me a couple weeks later saying that they received an offer and if we wanted to put in one we could do so by Saturday. We didn`t ... we figured he`d rejected our email why bother competing.

But something else had changed in this time frame...The 15 yr tenants of the home had made plans to move!

Just found out yesterday the home sold for lot value - $110,000. This home is easily worth $220,000 with max $15,000 in renos.

So next time someone tells you it can`t be done. It can. There are deals everywhere. We had all that cash just 3 doors down.

tonypeters

Registered
Carrie, thanks for sharing your story with everyone. As I always say, for everyhthing bad that happens, there is always something good that comes our of it. In your case, you have proven to yourself (and others) that these deals "really" do exist.

You just have to
CRANK up your "BUYING" machine, that`s all!

QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 17 2009, 11:02 AM) So when Dan and I were in Edmonton with Ron LeGrand we kept thinking about our neighbors house. We had found out that the lady needed to sell her rental property as her son "needed" to take her cash and move out to Alberta for greener pastures.

So we did the math in our head and offered $125,000. The agent balked and we came back at $135,000 final offer. This is where we screwed up. We did it in email and didn`t put it on paper as we thought it was so ridiculous who goes around low-balling offers.

The agent then emailed me a couple weeks later saying that they received an offer and if we wanted to put in one we could do so by Saturday. We didn`t ... we figured he`d rejected our email why bother competing.

But something else had changed in this time frame...The 15 yr tenants of the home had made plans to move!

Just found out yesterday the home sold for lot value - $110,000. This home is easily worth $220,000 with max $15,000 in renos.

So next time someone tells you it can`t be done. It can. There are deals everywhere. We had all that cash just 3 doors down.

ZanderRobertson

Registered
Wow,

Painful lesson, but I`ll bet you never try to think for someone else again. Thank you so much for sharing so we can all learn from this.

Zander

QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 17 2009, 11:02 AM) So when Dan and I were in Edmonton with Ron LeGrand we kept thinking about our neighbors house. We had found out that the lady needed to sell her rental property as her son "needed" to take her cash and move out to Alberta for greener pastures.

TodorYordanov

Registered
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 17 2009, 01:02 PM) So when Dan and I were in Edmonton with Ron LeGrand we kept thinking about our neighbors house. We had found out that the lady needed to sell her rental property as her son "needed" to take her cash and move out to Alberta for greener pastures.

On the positive side - It is still a shut up cheque! - and it will keep you going. Just what a shut cheque is supposed to do.

CarrieKoch

Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Nov 18 2009, 09:31 AM) On the positive side - It is still a shut up cheque! - and it will keep you going. Just what a shut cheque is supposed to do.

Thanks Guys! It definitely has motivated me to crank up my buying machine! My yellow letters just dropped in mailboxes everywhere
So we`ll see how that pans out. Already got my first patlive lead.

Good luck and patience to us all.

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Nov 18 2009, 08:59 AM) Thanks Guys! It definitely has motivated me to crank up my buying machine! My yellow letters just dropped in mailboxes everywhere
So we`ll see how that pans out. Already got my first patlive lead.

Good luck and patience to us all.

Woo hoo - way to go!!

Top Bottom